Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need Help Patching-Up Some History!!

Featured Replies

The Northern Kentucky Middle School Athletic Association is compiling a list of past middle school football champions from Northern Kentucky. They are still needing the champions from 1988, 1992, 1993, 1997, and 1999. If anyone could help with determining the champions of the league in those years, it would be appreciated.

 

The rest of the list is on the associations website:

 

http://www.nkmsaa.com

I'm almost certain Sk won in '88.

I was part of the Highlands(North) coaching staff in 89,90,91....

 

Those were some good times.....:thumb:

1992 Highlands won. As a side note, the 1991 championship game was between Highlands 7th grade team and Highlands 8th grade team. Sort of a no lose situation for Highlands.

When did the FTJFL begin?

I thought they celebrated 25 years last season.
I think it was 50 years they celebrated last year.
I think it was 50 years they celebrated last year.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Edited by Birdsfan

I was part of the Highlands(North) coaching staff in 89,90,91....

 

Those were some good times.....:thumb:

 

Are these the only years Highlands participated. I don't even remember the birds playing in this league. I can only remember green, red, blue, and white.

Pretty sure in '92, Ft Thomas had both teams in the Championship game.

Are these the only years Highlands participated. I don't even remember the birds playing in this league. I can only remember green, red, blue, and white.

 

They won it in 93 with the class that wound up losing in the Mud Bowl

I think Mexitucky is correct it was 1993. Which means Highlands also won it in 1992, because they were back to back champions. the 1992 middle school champions went on to win State in 1996, while the 1993 middle school champions lost in the playoffs and did not reach state. 1992 was the year Highlands middle school teams ( 7th and 8th) played for the championship. I hope this clears up some of the confusion and provides some answers.

1992 Highlands won. As a side note, the 1991 championship game was between Highlands 7th grade team and Highlands 8th grade team. Sort of a no lose situation for Highlands.

 

I use to coach during these years and certainly don't remember Highlands having a 7th grade only team and a 8th grade only team. It was Highlands(North) and Highlands(South). It was a combo of 7th & 8th grade players on both teams. This was a fact!!!!:thumb:

Are these the only years Highlands participated. I don't even remember the birds playing in this league. I can only remember green, red, blue, and white.

 

This was an experiment on behalf of Tom Duffy's part.....

 

Once Dale took over they quickly dropped out of the league and started back to playing in the FTJFL. I personally like the current setup because under FTJFL rules, every kid plays....Period!!! When we were playing in the N Ky league there were kids that wouldn't sniff the field. It was disappointing a times!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.