2A: Fort Campbell Falcons @ Murray Tigers

Who wins this game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

I really don't know. On one hand, FC is defending champ, on the other Murray is supposed to be strong this year and undefeated. This game will tell which team is for real. I have a feeling FC may win this one, because Murray's schedule may be deceiving.

Its FC's title to lose!!! I have a great feeling that the Falcons will bring their "A" game friday knowing how close the game was last year! I hope these young men have not been riding the shirt tails of the previous champions and forgooten what is at stake during this time of year, win or turn in your gear!!!

I think Murrays line play and defense will be the difference. They don't score alot of points sometimes because they have a grind it out running game behind that big line and eat alot of clock in the process, which on one hand is good, but, it also tends to keep other teams around longer than they should, in some cases and then a big play or turnover and anything could happen...

I think Murrays line play and defense will be the difference. They don't score alot of points sometimes because they have a grind it out running game behind that big line and eat alot of clock in the process, which on one hand is good, but, it also tends to keep other teams around longer than they should, in some cases and then a big play or turnover and anything could happen...

Absolutely... it's the biggest flaw with that type of offense. Big plays and turnovers become HUGE.

I gaurantee I would be at this game if Monroe wasn't having Eagle Bar-B-Que friday night!!! This will be a great game and I am sad that I will miss it. Good luck to my good friends of Ft Campbell!!!
Shout out to you from FT Campbell,I'll be attending Falcons & Tigers "must see", 2ND round game. I wouldn't mind being inTompkinsville for Monroe & FT Knox matchup, you enjoy friday night football.

I really don't know. On one hand, FC is defending champ, on the other Murray is supposed to be strong this year and undefeated. This game will tell which team is for real. I have a feeling FC may win this one, because Murray's schedule may be deceiving.[/QUOTE]

Only time will tell come Friday. One thing is for sure, Murray will quickly realize they are not playing one of the two Fulton teams or Ballard Memorial.

I think Fort Campbell has a very real chance to win this game. Obviously I’m biased, but Murray’s schedule is less than impressive. With that said Fort Campbell has to keep from turning the ball over and must contain Murray’s running game. If Fort Campbell brings their A game I have no doubt the Falcons can advance to Owensboro next week.

If I remember right, Murray had the EXACT same unimpressive schedule last year. It doesn't matter who's on the other side of that field, or what their record is, or who they've played, what matters is who walks out of that Fort Campbell Falcon locker room on Friday night. Those boys CANNOT think an unimpressive schedule is going to make this game any easier.....so I certainly hope that nobody is feeding them those kinds of thoughts. I highly doubt it would come from Coach Berner.

The Falcons have to play much better this week than they did last week to win this game on the road, in the tough confines of that football stadium.

When it's all said and done, the better team on THAT NIGHT will walk off of that field the winner on Friday night.......I know that our Falcons can be that team.

Later.

If I remember right, Murray had the EXACT same unimpressive schedule last year. It doesn't matter who's on the other side of that field, or what their record is, or who they've played, what matters is who walks out of that Fort Campbell Falcon locker room on Friday night. Those boys CANNOT think an unimpressive schedule is going to make this game any easier.....so I certainly hope that nobody is feeding them those kinds of thoughts. I highly doubt it would come from Coach Berner.

The Falcons have to play much better this week than they did last week to win this game on the road, in the tough confines of that football stadium.

When it's all said and done, the better team on THAT NIGHT will walk off of that field the winner on Friday night.......I know that our Falcons can be that team.

Later.

Bill,

Our team still has a losing record and has taken a couple of embarrassing trips out behind the wood shed this season. I don't think any of our guys are taking Murray lightly. The most I have heard is that they want to beat Murray so they can get a chance to set things straight with OC. After playing against some big nastys from Pearl Cohn, our guys are not intimidated by Murray.

Only time will tell come Friday. One thing is for sure, Murray will quickly realize they are not playing one of the two Fulton teams or Ballard Memorial.
I don't think there is any danger of Murray thinking that at all.

What is very interesting that in the MaxPreps rankings, Murray's schedule isn't rated that far behind those of Owensboro Catholic and Corbin, and it's rated as better than Prestonsburg's.

Murray is a good team; they have gone undefeated for two consecutive regular seasons and gave a very good Fort Campbell team all they could handle last year. Nobody can argue that. However, they play a weak schedule. Regardless of what MaxPreps says, with the exception of Madisonville, Murray hasn’t played nearly the level of teams that the other top ranked 2A teams have (NCC, OC, Corbin, Danville). If any of those teams had Murray’s schedule they would probably be 11-0 too. If Fort Campbell had Murray’s schedule they would likely be 9-1 or 8-2. Like I said, Fort Campbell must bring their A game this Friday because regardless of Murray’s schedule if the Falcons don’t they will be setting at home next Friday.