2A: Fort Campbell Falcons @ Murray Tigers

Who wins this game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Bill,

Our team still has a losing record and has taken a couple of embarrassing trips out behind the wood shed this season. I don't think any of our guys are taking Murray lightly. The most I have heard is that they want to beat Murray so they can get a chance to set things straight with OC. After playing against some big nastys from Pearl Cohn, our guys are not intimidated by Murray.

I understand that Coach Berner is workin' things hard.......but you'd be amazed at the number of boys I've spoken with this week that have said something to the effect of......."so and so says that Murray plays a week schedule" and that kinda talk isn't good.

We've talked about this before, it doesn't matter who who's played, Fort Campbell has the 4th toughest schedule in 2A Kentucky and OC embarrased the Falcons in front of the NFL Films camera crew and staff. Personally, I think schedules come into play for people that like to play around with statistics and rankings. I'm not concerned with our Falcons being intimidated by the big boys of Murray, I know our guys don't get intimidated.....even with a losing record, they still have that 'swagger', but swagger doesn't win games. The game of football is played on that field and we both know that those Falcons need to play GOOD, mistake free football in order to play again on 19 November.

Later.

Go Falcons.

I understand that Coach Berner is workin' things hard.......but you'd be amazed at the number of boys I've spoken with this week that have said something to the effect of......."so and so says that Murray plays a week schedule" and that kinda talk isn't good.

We've talked about this before, it doesn't matter who who's played, Fort Campbell has the 4th toughest schedule in 2A Kentucky and OC embarrased the Falcons in front of the NFL Films camera crew and staff. Personally, I think schedules come into play for people that like to play around with statistics and rankings. I'm not concerned with our Falcons being intimidated by the big boys of Murray, I know our guys don't get intimidated.....even with a losing record, they still have that 'swagger', but swagger doesn't win games. The game of football is played on that field and we both know that those Falcons need to play GOOD, mistake free football in order to play again on 19 November.

Later.

Go Falcons.

Who had the toughest 2A schedule ?

I really don't know. On one hand, FC is defending champ, on the other Murray is supposed to be strong this year and undefeated. This game will tell which team is for real. I have a feeling FC may win this one, because Murray's schedule may be deceiving.[/QUOTE]

Only time will tell come Friday. One thing is for sure, Murray will quickly realize they are not playing one of the two Fulton teams or Ballard Memorial.

I recall last year very similar things being said about there schedule, but, it was the Tigers who made Ft Campbell quickly realize they weren't playing a Fulton or Ballard... The Falcons won it last year in the waning seconds, but, this isn't even close to the same Falcon team and the Murray team is just as strong, if not stronger, this year... After the OB Cath debacle, I lost what faith I had in them... If you can't get up for a district championship game, when can you? I also thought they played very shaky against a mediocre Trigg Co team and have been very mediocre pretty much all season while the Tigers have been a good steady throughout and more impressive against common opponents... Also, playing at Murray will factor in... I think Murray takes care of business... MHS 35 FtC 14

I recall last year very similar things being said about there schedule, but, it was the Tigers who made Ft Campbell quickly realize they weren't playing a Fulton or Ballard... The Falcons won it last year in the waning seconds, but, this isn't even close to the same Falcon team and the Murray team is just as strong, if not stronger, this year... After the OB Cath debacle, I lost what faith I had in them... If you can't get up for a district championship game, when can you? I also thought they played very shaky against a mediocre Trigg Co team and have been very mediocre pretty much all season while the Tigers have been a good steady throughout and more impressive against common opponents... Also, playing at Murray will factor in... I think Murray takes care of business... MHS 35 FtC 14

What, Really?? I can't recall FC playing either Fulton team or Ballard in recent memory; maybe they did many years ago.

You must mean Owensboro Catholic??

2 Common Opponents

Murray 29, Trigg 3

FC 29, Trigg 15

Murray 49, Todd 0

FC 61, Todd 0