Good Lord I'm Ready

.....for season to begin. I'm so tired of football I could yak! No offense to the footballers out there either. Basketball season is my fave. I look forward to this particular season because I think that there will be alot of parity among the regions. Of course there's always the Louisvillians who beat the dog out of one another night in and night out. Scott Co. isn't what I'd consider head and shoulders above their region any longer. The 9th looks to be a toss up when compared to the last few years. The 15th is no longer a lock. Just lots of good basketball in store for all of us. I suspect that doing a top 20 list will be a nightmare throughout the duration of the season. While I suspect you'll see some of the usual suspects at Rupp this March, I think that there will be several new faces as well.

Dang, I'm ready!

Russell hosts the City National preview on Tuesday the 23rd with some local flavor. Here are the matchups:

Fairview vs South Point (OH)

Lewis County vs Paintsville

Raceland vs Bracken County

Greenup County vs Mason County

Russell vs Johnson Central

Russell hosts the City National preview on Tuesday the 23rd with some local flavor. Here are the matchups:

Highlands plays Russell in the KY Bank Shootout in December. What can you tell us about them Spindoc?

Highlands plays Russell in the KY Bank Shootout in December. What can you tell us about them Spindoc?

Russell will be young. Graduated 4 seniors but return 3 starters. I suspect you'll see an uptempo group. Some question marks to be filled in but overall, I suspect a much improved squad from seasons past. If summer means anything, they looked really solid when all of the kids were there. I know that's a generic assessment, but that's all I got.:idunno:

Russell will be young. Graduated 4 seniors but return 3 starters. I suspect you'll see an uptempo group. Some question marks to be filled in but overall, I suspect a much improved squad from seasons past. If summer means anything, they looked really solid when all of the kids were there. I know that's a generic assessment, but that's all I got.:idunno:

Birds will have 4 Sr's but only two have varsity experience. Stewart and Crowley have played some varsity with Stewart leading the Birds in a few games last year when they had 8 Sr's. That group is gone and its a new look for Coach Flynn but they played well over the summer competing against some top teams in Louisville and Cincinnati. They also have some nice young talent who could step in and get some minutes this season. You will enjoy watching Stewart play, he is a tall (6'6) lanky kid who plays strong and will throw down a gorilla dunk from the baseline if you give him space. Im looking forward to that game and seeing the young Russell squad.

Man am I ready for basketball...that is a understatement....:D Everyone knows that basketball is my favorite sport. Great first pre-season scrimmage will be J-Town at GRC. Believe that it is Friday Nov. 26th. Both will be ranked pre-season in the top 5 in the state. GRC now has 11 seniors returning from last years team, and should be considered one of the tallest teams in the state. J-Town has 6'9 Zack Price and 6'6 Tony Kimbro.

Then the next night GRC will travel to Martin Co Ky and take on Huntington Prep in the Fast Lane Classic. Huntington Prep has J. Davis, and others I am not sure of.

As far as new faces at state this year.....GRC better be one of them.....:ylsuper:

Thank you for posting. It looks like some very good games.

Yeah, I do hope Mason County can make a run in the football playoffs this year, but I'm ready to get back to the Fieldhouse. Course, that won't be til the second week of January since Mason County will play at least their first 10 games on the road. :lol:

Since I know someone may ask, here is the early part of their schedule.

untitled8.JPG

Holmes' first scrimmage is next Sat, November 13th...can't wait to get in the gym and catch some action.

With NKYsports.com hopefully doing some games live this year on the web, I can't wait to get the season here and see as many teams as possible.

Recently moved to Florence as well so I look forward to catching Boone, Conner, and Ryle in action since all three are so close to my new home.