Metcalfe Co @ Mayfield Predictions

wildcatjack

Metcalfe makes the long roadtrip west to Mayfields War Memorial Stadium to take on the Cardinals..They come in riding an 11 game winning streak after a season opening loss to 4a Barren Co...Mayfield comes in riding a 6 game winning streak and dominating there 1a competition after an always tough non district schedule...They have played 4 common opponents this year with Metcalfe outscoring those 4 162-25 and Mayfield outscoring the same 181-37. With that said, it appears to be a pretty even matchup..Hows everyone see this one shaping up?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference in their matchup last time was Metcalfe's inability to move the ball what-so-ever. For the most part, Mayfield had a tough time moving the ball on Metcalfe as well.

I know it is two totally different teams but I feel it could be a similar story this season. I am interested to see how well Metcalfe can do defensively.

Mayfield 21

Metcalfe 6

Mayfield's running backs are better than the 03 bunch and the receivers are better. Brown will return. Mayfield will be by far the best team Metcalfe has faced. Mayfield's defense has jelled, it seems on paper that Metcalfe has a very nice defense but they will be tested to contain all of Mayfield's weapons, I don't think they have the team to do it.

Mayfield's running backs are better than the 03 bunch and the receivers are better. Brown will return. Mayfield will be by far the best team Metcalfe has faced. Mayfield's defense has jelled, it seems on paper that Metcalfe has a very nice defense but they will be tested to contain all of Mayfield's weapons, I don't think they have the team to do it.
Fact is, we do not know because we have not seen Metcalfe play. For all we know Metcalfe may have more weapons than in '03 as well. I was really suprised Murray could not move the ball at all on Metcalfe last night when against Mayfield they did pretty well. Maybe driving 30 hours had a an effect... who knows?

I still expect Mayfield to win, but I would not be looking for a blowout. But, who knows, I thought both games in the region last night would have been closer than they were.

I don't see it as a blowout either, probably a score or 2 either way...i can't say much about Metcalfe because i haven't seen em play and can only speculate by looking at there scores, which, in fact, has been pretty impressive...However, Barren Co is a very mediocre team and they lost to them, but, again, that was 12 weeks ago and they seem to be alot better now..

Alot of people thought Hancock Co was a threat last year also, which didn't turn out to be the case, whereas, 2 yrs ago, them and Metcalfe were very competitive..i will say mayfield is alot better this year than in 03 and are starting to play like everyone expected them to at the beginning of the year...

I'm going to go with Mayfield in this one 24-14

I will have to go with Mayfield on this game as well if Mayfield comes out to play like they did against Crittenden. If they play like they have some teams in the past like Marshall or PT, then the game could go either way. I have been thinking all season that this Mayfield team is a lot better than people have been giving them credit for, they just haven't been able to pull the good wins wins off and they have deservedly gotten the bad placement in the polls. It does sound like Metcalfe has a great defense, we know that Murray has a bad defense, should be an awesome game once again.

Can anyone tell me a little bit about Metcalfe, like, speed, type offense they run, how they pass the ball, what defensive schemes, best players, kicking game, etc...It seems very few on here have much insight on them which could be scary for an upcoming opponent...

Anyone??

Guest MayfieldCardsFan

Metcalfe relies on the run and has a stud back that does most of it. I believe his name in England. They pass sparingly to keep defenses honest. The defense is the Metcalfe strong suit allowing opponets on the year only around 7 points a game which is near the tops in the entire state. Their kicking game is a little suspect. Their lone loss was in the opening week of the season to a mediocure 4A Barren County. Thats all I have on them. I think the Cards win but it is not likely to be a big scoring affair. Mayfield 21 - 6

Metcalfe relies on the run and has a stud back that does most of it. I believe his name in England. They pass sparingly to keep defenses honest. The defense is the Metcalfe strong suit allowing opponets on the year only around 7 points a game which is near the tops in the entire state. Their kicking game is a little suspect. Their lone loss was in the opening week of the season to a mediocure 4A Barren County. Thats all I have on them. I think the Cards win but it is not likely to be a big scoring affair. Mayfield 21 - 6

Welcome to BGP MayfieldCardsFan!

Yeah, hey, it is good to see another fellow cards fan on here, welcome!!