Western Hills / North Oldham Predictions

'ol#70

Which team will win?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

• Western Hills
    • North Oldham

North's pass coverage and pressure on the QB has improved a lot in the last few games. If it steps up again with Hills I believe that will be the difference in the outcome. This game will tell us a lot about how much North's young starters have grown up.

Big win against Henry County and an odd "free for all" type game against a very frustrated win less Spencer County.

All well and good but a good team needs to be able seal this deal, especially on home turf.

** On a side note** Let me be the first to apologize about the condition of our field to our visitors.

Apparently North's 26 million dollar expansion completed last year did not include the ability to grow grass !

Henry County might have used their regular subs, but they did not go to a JV line-up. On Hills last drive, Henry County still had most if not all of their starters in the game - including Magness (# 7) at LB. Henry County beat Hills soundly, but this was not a case of Hills scoring late-game cheap points against Henry's JV.

Bottom line once a game gets 35 to 7 most the time after that is junk time. No matter who is in. Just from my experience. But hats off to Hills for scoring 34.

Henry County might have used their regular subs, but they did not go to a JV line-up. On Hills last drive, Henry County still had most if not all of their starters in the game - including Magness (# 7) at LB. Henry County beat Hills soundly, but this was not a case of Hills scoring late-game cheap points against Henry's JV.

I agree. WH has some weapons on O. Henry just outscored them and won the turnover battle.

Great how this district has turned out to be so competitive this year. Most seemed to think before the season that Henry would coast to the district title while North and WH re-built themselves after being hit hard by graduation. Instead, here we are at the last week of the district season, and all three are in the running for the crown, with the Mustangs - picked fourth by the coaches in the pre-season - in the driver's seat.

It will make for a - potentially - very suspenseful Friday night!!

North Oldham - Western Hills will be broadcast, beginning at 7 pm, at http://www.pegasussportsky.com (click on the North Oldham logo, then click on the game listing under "Upcoming / Live Broadcasts")

Mike,

I agree. I think very few saw the district becoming such a good, tight stretch run.

I would be lying if I did not say I'm very nervous about tonight's Western Hills game. Henry and North know each other well enough to know what's coming. With Hill's I feel like the Seahawk's are coming in for the Bengals with a division on the line. We know their formidable but that's about it.

As I stated before it's a darn shame this will be it for these teams as district rivals. North's Froshmen remain undefeated and the J.V has only two losses,one to a 5a and both classes look real strong so with the rebuilding at Hill's along with Henry Co. it looked to set up some good future games.

If North comes away with the "W" tonight it will speak volumes about the heart and sole of this group of boys. Other than the obvious good speed and execution in the backfield this very young and undersized team runs on 99% heart and determination. The fact that just a couple very special senior leaders have kept these guy's plugging along says a lot. They will be missed !

see ya under the lights !