Western Hills / North Oldham Predictions

'ol#70

Which team will win?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

• Western Hills
    • North Oldham

The Wolverines of Western Hills come to Goshen Friday for a game with the North Oldham Mustangs. Hills is trying to clear their heads after being beaten soundly by Henry County. North won their second district game and can clinch the district with a win Friday. A Western Hills win along with a Henry Co. win makes a three way tie for the district. And from what I can hear the district title will go to Henry Co. on their strength of schedule. Don't know that to be the gospel, only telling you what I hear. Luck to everybody. Should be a great night for football, again.

One of their long passes for a TD was thrown the play after our starting safety came out after an equipment problem, good call on their part. One was scored a play after they had a big kick return. They were all legitamate scores, I can'T remember what personel was on the field for the other scores but I think it was the first team D.

Neither Henry County nor Western Hills played many back-ups last week. Both scored legit TDs against each others starters. Henry Co took advantage of big turnovers early and was up 27-0 before Hills went back to Slone (# 7) at QB. Hills threw for almost 300 yards and scored 33 points in the 3 quarters Slone played. Western Hills has playmakers on the outside in Clay (# 6) and Pugh ( # 1) and a big TE in Curry (# 11) - just have to be able to get them the ball. I think Hills will stick with Slone at QB (has had some neck and stinger problems which limited him to one side of the ball part of the season, and since a college LB prospect only played defense) and will be able to move the ball. Until last week or two Hills has done a good job on defense stopping the run, so will have to see how they handle North's running attack. Important game for North, Hills and Henry.

And from what I can hear the district title will go to Henry Co. on their strength of schedule.

That's probably the first time I have heard about the strength of Henry's schedule normally it is about how weak of a schedule Henry plays.

Henry County started their back ups at 3 spots Friday night they subbed in the threes and some fours after the second half began, later in the third quarter, especially on defense. This is what I was told from a coach. 20 points came from JV/back ups. Coach told me that one series when Hills was driving they took out back ups to discuss a formation but plugged them back in next series. But Henry rotated on defense about every series the entire night. at several spots.

Henry County might have used their regular subs, but they did not go to a JV line-up. On Hills last drive, Henry County still had most if not all of their starters in the game - including Magness (# 7) at LB. Henry County beat Hills soundly, but this was not a case of Hills scoring late-game cheap points against Henry's JV.

This is a North defense with pretty good speed...in fact, no North Oldham defensive starter - even the linemen - run the forty slower than 5 seconds.

North's defense fared pretty well against a really good Henry offense...

If there is a three way tie, Henry would take the district RIGHT NOW, but North would have a chance to pass Henry in the three-way standings by beating East Jessamine their final week.

Regardless, I don't think a three-way tie will happen. North wins, 28-14, over Hills Friday to take the district for the second time in three years.

The game will be live on the Pegasus Sports Network, beginning at 7 pm. Go to http://www.pegasussportsky.com, click on the North logo, then click on the game listing under "Upcoming / Live Broadcasts".

If you miss the live broadcast, it will be archived and can be heard for several months later...

How Hills fares against North depends on which Hills offense that shows up - the one that struggled against Spencer and East Jessamine, or the one that could move the ball and score against Henry and West Jessamine. Another big factor will be how Hills defense handles North's running attack. Hills can not get behind by double digets early or will be another long night for the Wolverines. I really think that Slone playing QB will allow Hills more options on offense to get the ball to their playmakers. He has the size (6'3", 210 lbs), arm strength, and football IQ to force North to cover the pass; opening up a few running lanes. This does force Slone to make play-calls on both sides of the ball and hurts his defense, so could hurt Hills there. Hills o-line is playing much better and have good outside speed. As long as no knock-out blow early by North, Hills pulls the upset 28-24.