Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/ Boone County predictions

Which team will win? 49 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Battle between two NKY teams. Your thoughts and predictions on this game.

Don't ever remember a Ryle Boone game that meant nothing as far as the postseason seeding. Both teams will play hard and I look for the Raiders to come out on top. Should be another great fall night for football in Florence. Rivalry games are always a lot of fun to watch. Go Raiders!

This may end up being our nkysports.com game of the week. Still waiting for confirmation but I'll post when I find out.

 

As for the game, I look for Ryle to win by 2 td's. The Raiders seem to finally be settling on a balanced attack offensively and they're becoming tougher and tougher to stop.

 

Boone wil keep it close, but in the end, Ryle will be too much.

 

Ryle: 35

Boone: 17

Ryle 37-Boone 20.

Don't ever remember a Ryle Boone game that meant nothing as far as the postseason seeding. Both teams will play hard and I look for the Raiders to come out on top. Should be another great fall night for football in Florence. Rivalry games are always a lot of fun to watch. Go Raiders!

 

The game doesn't mean anything with respect to Ryle's postseason seeding, but doesn't it still have implications for Boone?

I don't think so. It is my understanding that Boone cannot make the playoffs unless Cooper beats Conner. Period - that is Boone's only chance. If Boone beats Ryle and Conner beats Cooper, the Cougars and Rebels both end up 2-3 in the district. Conner wins the tiebreaker head to head over Boone. If Cooper beats Conner and Ryle beats Boone, Boone, Cooper and Conner all end up with 1-4 records and Boone wins the tiebreaker by virtue of wins over HC and Scott Co. If Boone beats Ryle and Cooper beats Conner, obviously Boone is in with a 2-3 record while Conner and Cooper end up at 1-4. Boone's key is Cooper.

I don't think so. It is my understanding that Boone cannot make the playoffs unless Cooper beats Conner. Period - that is Boone's only chance. If Boone beats Ryle and Conner beats Cooper, the Cougars and Rebels both end up 2-3 in the district. Conner wins the tiebreaker head to head over Boone. If Cooper beats Conner and Ryle beats Boone, Boone, Cooper and Conner all end up with 1-4 records and Boone wins the tiebreaker by virtue of wins over HC and Scott Co. If Boone beats Ryle and Cooper beats Conner, obviously Boone is in with a 2-3 record while Conner and Cooper end up at 1-4. Boone's key is Cooper.

 

Harbin

I don't think so. It is my understanding that Boone cannot make the playoffs unless Cooper beats Conner. Period - that is Boone's only chance. If Boone beats Ryle and Conner beats Cooper, the Cougars and Rebels both end up 2-3 in the district. Conner wins the tiebreaker head to head over Boone. If Cooper beats Conner and Ryle beats Boone, Boone, Cooper and Conner all end up with 1-4 records and Boone wins the tiebreaker by virtue of wins over HC and Scott Co. If Boone beats Ryle and Cooper beats Conner, obviously Boone is in with a 2-3 record while Conner and Cooper end up at 1-4. Boone's key is Cooper.

 

Yes, you're right. I read the ultra-confusing thread that Clyde started and now realize that Boone has no say whatsoever in their ultimate destiny. If I were Boone - knowing this game means absolutely nothing to them - I would try as best I could to implement some type of passing game. Throw, throw, and throw some more. Get intercepted 8 times? Who cares. It's basically practice. But take a chance and do something different other than run the ball 90% of the time and get beat.

Yes, you're right. I read the ultra-confusing thread that Clyde started and now realize that Boone has no say whatsoever in their ultimate destiny. If I were Boone - knowing this game means absolutely nothing to them - I would try as best I could to implement some type of passing game. Throw, throw, and throw some more. Get intercepted 8 times? Who cares. It's basically practice. But take a chance and do something different other than run the ball 90% of the time and get beat.

 

I agree with you Coop. So rest assured they will throw it once or twice. :D

Ryle by 3 TDs. My heart wants to say 5 TDs but this has historically been a pretty good rivalry and Boone has nothing to lose.

Yes, you're right. I read the ultra-confusing thread that Clyde started and now realize that Boone has no say whatsoever in their ultimate destiny. If I were Boone - knowing this game means absolutely nothing to them - I would try as best I could to implement some type of passing game. Throw, throw, and throw some more. Get intercepted 8 times? Who cares. It's basically practice. But take a chance and do something different other than run the ball 90% of the time and get beat.

 

That makes too much sense. Good thinking.

If Boone comes in ready to play like they did against Sk in the first half. They win. If they play as they did in the second half. They lose by 5 tds. Boone has been pretty good against the run this year. There 3 wins came against teams that had no passing game. All there loses have came against teams with a good passing attack. I hope Boone can contain Elliot and I think they can win this game. If Ryle can run and throw it will be a long night for the Rebels.

Boone will come in ready to play just like they did against SK. Ryle will do whatever it takes to win, including passing the ball effectively. The Raiders will be ready on Friday night.

I don't think so. It is my understanding that Boone cannot make the playoffs unless Cooper beats Conner. Period - that is Boone's only chance. If Boone beats Ryle and Conner beats Cooper, the Cougars and Rebels both end up 2-3 in the district. Conner wins the tiebreaker head to head over Boone. If Cooper beats Conner and Ryle beats Boone, Boone, Cooper and Conner all end up with 1-4 records and Boone wins the tiebreaker by virtue of wins over HC and Scott Co. If Boone beats Ryle and Cooper beats Conner, obviously Boone is in with a 2-3 record while Conner and Cooper end up at 1-4. Boone's key is Cooper.

 

I think it's a sad case when a team makes the playoffs that has only won 3 games the whole year.

I think it's a sad case when a team makes the playoffs that has only won 3 games the whole year.
Ditto
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.