The Fallacy of the T and X Fans

Okay, you saw where "this is going" but I don't if you think I'm proposing a public private split. Explain.

If I got it wrong, I don't care to continue guessing; why did you ask, if not to propose that Manual and Male have more in common with X and T because of their open enrollment?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt St X and Trinity have more show up for the regualr season game last year than did the state championship game?

Yes, because it's a huge annual event that alumni plan their reunions around. It brings back tons of people from all over the country (and world)

Manual is "the" academic choice (as well as the performing arts choice, which I really don't think impacts the football argument). Of all the schools in Jefferson County, including X & T, Manual is by far the hardest to get into IMO, and has no "resides" area.

Darn right. :cool:

Region maybe, no way sectionals.

Under the proposed format, Ballard and X could meet for a final.

Unless you drop East-West as the format, you can't get around the fact that two Louisville schools could sometimes play for the title. Do you want to return to the explicit Louisville vs the State format?

Region maybe, no way sectionals.

So are you proposing that no matter the geography of it, all Louisville teams should be on the same side of the bracket no matter the fact that the east/west division of 6A would have to run down the middle of the city?

Unless you drop East-West as the format, you can't get around the fact that two Louisville schools could sometimes play for the title. Do you want to return to the explicit Louisville vs the State format?

I don't know that that would be such a bad thing. I have many fond memories of nights at the old Cardinal Stadium watching the Jefferson County playoffs. Of course there were those that complained that whined about a Jefferson County school being assured a spot in the championship game. When the change was made they were warned that there was a real chance that there could be 2 teams from Jefferson County in the championship but that's a topic for another thread.

As far as I'm concerned the rest of 6A is now playing for 2nd place.

I think there is a very good chance that Ballard could be the representative from the East and the representative from the West will also be from Louisville (if past form holds, probably Trinity and if not them X). I'd be totally fine with that.

What does that have to do with the public private split?

Again, I'm done guessing; why do you ask if Manual and Male are open enrollment? The answer, if you missed it, is "yes, along with the rest of Jefferson County."