Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Will Be The Best QB In The NFL In 5 Years?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaron Rodgers or Ryan Mallet....Isn't Luck only a sophmore?

 

I could see Bradford as a dark horse.

  • Author
Aaron Rodgers or Ryan Mallet....Isn't Luck only a sophmore?

 

I could see Bradford as a dark horse.

 

Luck redshirted 2008- he can declare at season's end

We don't get to see a lot of Stanford games on TV, so I feel like Luck doesn't get his due. He reminds me a lot of Peyton at Tennessee. The thing that gets overlooked is his mobility- he can flat out run and maneuver in the pocket. Combine this with his arm, accuracy and acumen for the game and I really believe he has a shot to be the best in the NFL in 5 years.

 

Plus, there is something to be said for playing in a pro style offense in college. I think that helped Peyton to quickly adjust to the NFL game and it will have the same effect for Luck, I believe.

 

I agree 100%. :thumb: To me, he's the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, though I'm obviously no Todd Mcshay or Mel Kiper.

^No love for Mallet or Locker?

 

Oh I really like both, I just think Luck is the kind of guy that is once in a generation. I think Mallet is a phenom as well, he has tools most QBs can only dream of.

 

I know Locker does play with great talent, but I'd like to see him win some more. I don't think Luck plays with great talent either but he gets it done, although I think his coach is better and his teammates are better. I'd be shocked if Luck and Mallett are not quality starting QBs in the NFL, but I think Locker could go either way. He could be a star or he could be a major bust. JMO.

Which one is your pick of the 3, UKMF? I don't know if you could go wrong with any of them to be honest.

Which one is your pick of the 3, UKMF? I don't know if you could go wrong with any of them to be honest.

 

I truthfully haven't seen Luck enough to give a fair assessment on him, although I like what I've seen. Out of the other two, I give the edge to Mallet, maybe in part to my Michigan bias, but I just think he's got all the tools that a pro QB needs. He's got the arm, the height, the mobility, and he seems like he's a really intelligent guy in the pocket.

 

If I had to rank them right now, I'd go:

 

1) Mallet

2) Locker

3) Luck

 

But again, I really haven't seen Luck enough to form a fair opinion on him yet.

Rodgers will be the top NFL QB in the next 5 years. No way will a person who is still in college best the best QB in the NFL in 5 years, not a chance.

  • Author
^No love for Mallet or Locker?

 

I personally like Mallet a lot more than Locker.

  • Author
Rodgers will be the top NFL QB in the next 5 years. No way will a person who is still in college best the best QB in the NFL in 5 years, not a chance.

 

Why do you say a guy in college can't be the best in 5 years?

 

The guys we are mentioning, if Luck and Mallett declare, would be 4 year pros at that point. Do you have to have more experience than 4 years to be the best in the game? Do you just think Rodgers is that good?

Rodgers will be the top NFL QB in the next 5 years. No way will a person who is still in college best the best QB in the NFL in 5 years, not a chance.

 

I kind of have to agree. There are too many variables that work against the "sure thing" college QB. Hell, most folks were sure Gino Toretta would be a great pro. I'll cast my lot with Rodgers and, lest we forget he's only 28, Ben Roethlisberger.

Why do you say a guy in college can't be the best in 5 years?

 

The guys we are mentioning, if Luck and Mallett declare, would be 4 year pros at that point. Do you have to have more experience than 4 years to be the best in the game? Do you just think Rodgers is that good?

 

Too many variables, such as whether they are drafted by the correct team, whether their college system masks their deficiencies, etc. At the end of the day, you just never know.

  • Author
Too many variables, such as whether they are drafted by the correct team, whether their college system masks their deficiencies, etc. At the end of the day, you just never know.

 

Those variables apply to the NFL guys too, however. We don't know what will happen because of injuries, free agency, coaching changes and how age effects the current pros.

 

It is all guess work, but I like what Luck brings to the table and I would take where he could be over where I think any of the current guys could be. I do think Aaron Rodgers is a beast and I like Matt Ryan as well.

I kind of have to agree. There are too many variables that work against the "sure thing" college QB. Hell, most folks were sure Gino Toretta would be a great pro. I'll cast my lot with Rodgers and, lest we forget he's only 28, Ben Roethlisberger.

 

I would like to see Big Ben add a couple more rings by then...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.