Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 28 Cooper 21

Featured Replies

Horrible showing for Ryle, great showing for Cooper.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody said Ryle would pick there score today?

Somebody said Ryle would pick there score today?

 

Maybe they picked a 7 pt win.????

Maybe they picked a 7 pt win.????

 

 

Maybe people will realize Ryle is not that good.

Maybe people will realize Ryle is not that good.

 

You certainly have gotten some ammo for your argument.

Looks like this was a great hard faught game. Emotions run high on friday night so you never know whats going to happen. Congrats to the Jags with a tough game and to the Raiders on the win. Cooper loooks like they have a real good thing goin in Union and looks like they could play with any team in the district. Like CJ said in the updates dont base Ryle on just one game. Everyone who played tongiht deserves credit sounds like they left it all out there. Looks like it could be a real good rivalry in the near future. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season!

I stick with what I said in the prediction thread: I know that Ryle's attitude is one of respecting every opponent and preparing for a battle. Cooper players and coaches have done a fantastic job. They are well respected in Union and they will play hard and compete, just like the Raiders do each week. Looking forward to Friday night I guess in Union (isn't Cooper in Union, too?)

 

Cooper played well and Ryle did not. Maybe one of those ugly wins. This game will really help Ryle a lot in the long run. Cooper players and coaches did a fantastic job.

I stick with what I said in the prediction thread: I know that Ryle's attitude is one of respecting every opponent and preparing for a battle. Cooper players and coaches have done a fantastic job. They are well respected in Union and they will play hard and compete, just like the Raiders do each week. Looking forward to Friday night I guess in Union (isn't Cooper in Union, too?)

 

Cooper played well and Ryle did not. Maybe one of those ugly wins. This game will really help Ryle a lot in the long run. Cooper players and coaches did a fantastic job.

 

Agree 100%....2 great teams in Union.

Horrible showing for Ryle, great showing for Cooper.

 

I'm not sure I'd agree with the "horrible" adjective. Surprising, and certainly somewhat disappointing, but not horrible. Clearly they were trying to be a bit more balanced offensively and implement some changes in the passing game. I think there were some plusses in that area, but clearly there is more work to do. They never seemed to get in a nice rhythm offensively at any point during the game, but I think it still speaks well of them that they can play a very average game and still come away with a win against what it a pretty solid Cooper team. Cooper is going to get a district win this year! Defensively, Ryle didn't have one of their best games, but did what they needed to do. Bradley put up some nice rushing totals, but it took him a ton of rushes to get them. Other than the opening play by Cooper (perfectly executed halfback option pass!), they couldn't throw on Ryle at all. BTW - awesome KO return for TD by Ryle's Lonkard after Cooper scored quickly on their opening drive. Helped turn the momentum that Cooper had quickly grabbed to start the game.

 

That all being said, Ryle won't beat SK if they play at this level in two weeks. But I don't see that happening. This was just a week when Ryle wasn't clicking on all cylinders, but still did enough to get the job done.

Congrats to both teams. To Ryle for the "W" and to Copper for surprising the majority. Lookout Boone and Conner because Cooper is knocking on your door.

Great game by both teams. I question not going for it on 4th and a foot at about the 35 yard line with 3 minutes left in the game and the score tied. It would have likely been the ball game if you fail but at that point I take my chances. Teriffic preparation by the Cooper coaches having their kids believe they can play and beat anyone. No one gave the Jag's a chance but they showed what kind of heart and belief they have. Heck I think bcrebeldad predicted 100-0 and there were a lot of 49-7 predictions as well.

Cooper needs to develop a little better passing attack to support the run game. Can't say I was overly impressed with the QB's arm, but he seemed like a tough kid and ran fairly well. I very much believe Cooper has a chance to beat Conner, Campbell, and Boone. I would be very surprised if they don't win at least one of those games. Cooper's game-opening play call was awesome!

The QB actually has a pretty good arm. The one slipped out of his hand when he was picked off. He didn't have much time to sit back and throw deep. As far as throwing, this was his off night that all players have, he is normally pretty accurate.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.