Casey County at Somerset Predictions

AverageJoesGym

Who wins this district matchup at Somerset?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district matchup at Somerset?

• Casey County Rebels
    • Somerset Briar Jumpers

From everything I have read about them Casey County is much more physical than in the past. Casey's game against PCC is the big head scratcher, Casey played them to a much closer score than Breathitt did. Casey may be the real deal, they beat who they should have and nearly beat who they shouldn't have. Look forward to seeing the game this week at the Briar Patch. Jumpers should be fine if they just keep working and taking it 48 minutes at a time.

Haven't seen either team, but am impressed by the improvement in Casey's scores. They're making up 40 or more points on opponents from last year's scores...teams that whipped them badly in 2009 are themselves being whipped by Casey this year. Pretty impressive turnaround, and the loss to PCC was by just one point.

Not sure if the Rebels are quite yet in Somerset's category, but this game should be a lot closer than last year's laugher...

I done some research and compared the two teams so far in the 2010 season. Casey County is 4-1 with their major comparison being a 1 point loss to undefeated Perry County Central. However, this was first game of the year. The combined record of the teams Casey has played is 9-13 with two wins over teams like Bourbon County (0-4) and Clinton County (0-5). Somerset is 5-0 with their biggest win being over Danville. The combined recored of the teams Somerset has played is 9-14 with Danville having the best record at 3-2. This probably does not mean alot because Casey County is not ready for the type of team they will see in Somerset. Many say the game will be alot closer than last year and I really don't agree. Are we settling just for a closer score? Briarjumpers just too much for the Rebels and I will stick to my score of 52-7...sorry Rebel fans !