Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Detrioit just got screwed...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rule says you have to complete the catch. I thought he did but it was close

  • Author

I didn't think there was any doubt about it. What is completing the catch? He was already on his back in the end zone and then got up with the ball in his hand and then dropped it.

Nah. The ball hit the ground before he got up. But his body was on the ground. He should have just rolled out of the end zone instead of jumping up to celebrate without the football

I think that catch rule is a little too precise. It seems like the referees study it so deeply and many times I disagree with them. It sure looked like a catch to me.

I agree. I thought it was a catch too.

I thought it was a catch for sure.

  • Author
I thought it was a catch for sure.

 

I didn't and still don't think there is much debate about it. Horrible call/new "process" rule.

Nuts and bolts for sure...

Was a catch for sure. Just because he caught it and possessed it with one hand doesn't make it not having possession. The rule doesn't state you have to have control of the football with both hands, but simply have control of the ball. Him just keeping it in the one hand is the only thing that could even make them rule he didn't have possession from what I saw. Horrible call. Staked the hearts of the Lions for sure.

I didn't and still don't think there is much debate about it. Horrible call/new "process" rule.

 

I read this post wrong at first and thought for a second you said you "didn't" think it was a catch.

By rule I think they got it right. The rule is tough to embrace but as written he didn't maintain control IMO.

Even as a die hard Bears fan, I feel like the Lions got screwed. Bears did dominate the game and just couldn't finish inside the 10 yard line.

I think it was a catch. It's not like he caught it in the air and went straight to the ground as it came out. He took a few steps backwards before he dropped the ball.

I think it was a catch. It's not like he caught it in the air and went straight to the ground as it came out. He took a few steps backwards before he dropped the ball.

 

Do you want the refs to rule by the rulebook? It doesn't matter that he didn't go right down.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.