Jumper_Dad

Who wins?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too believe this will be a close game but I have to go with the Briarjumpers. I am not exactly drinking the Danville Kool-aid just yet. Last time I saw them perform, they took a schlacking by Green County 60-22 in the playoffs last season. They win this game over Somerset, then I'll be on board. Either way, great ballgame and it's exactly what high school football is all about. Good Luck to both teams !!!
This has nothing to do with Kool-aid, first thing I was at that Green Co. game also, this Danville team is 110% playing in the opposite direction from last year. In Danville's first three games their defense has been dominating, includes Mason Co. with one of the states best quaterbacks, and then Rockcastle with a strong ground game. If Danville's offense keeps progressing they will be a state title contender no doubt. Kool-aid statements are based on thinking teams are better than they really are. We will see come friday, Maybe Somerset is drinking some Kool-aid from last year.:popcorn:

The briar jumpers have basically everyone back from last years team. Danville better have improved alot to play with these boys!

Trust me, this is a different Danville squad than last years. Didn't the Jumpers lose about half the starters on both sides of the ball from last year?

Trust me, this is a different Danville squad than last years. Didn't the Jumpers lose about half the starters on both sides of the ball from last year?

No I believe you are incorrect. Somerset returns almost every starter from last other than the o line which have proved to be a lot better than anybody expected they would be. I believe 9 starters from the defense return which averaged about 12 points given up per game last season. They also return every skilled position on offense.

No I believe you are incorrect. Somerset returns almost every starter from last other than the o line which have proved to be a lot better than anybody expected they would be. I believe 9 starters from the defense return which averaged about 12 points given up per game last season. They also return every skilled position on offense.

Here are the starters listed in the last year's state final:

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009/3aflipcardweb.pdf

Going by this the Jumpers lost 7 on Offense (All 5 interior linemen, FB, HB).

Somerset lost 5 on Defense (Middle Guard, 3 LB's, Safety).

That averages out to pretty much half the starters on both sides of the ball I think. :thumb:

Wow, according to most of you we just need to save our gas and not make the trip up to Danville.

Glad to see Danville bounce back this year. A lot has been said about Danville having this game circled on thier schedule all summer. (Don't know why this game would be more important than district games or Boyle for that matter so I don't know if them putting extra focus on this game is true or not)

I guess I will make the trip up anyway...hope to see a good game.

Go Jumpers !!!!!

That averages out to pretty much half the starters on both sides of the ball I think. :thumb:

Hatz, I was thinking you were right with your initial statement. I just didn't have time to research the facts. Thanks for the information, maybe now they will believe you. I hope the jumpers do come to Admiral Stadium under estimating the Ads. That will probably make my Friday night a happy and enjoyable one.:D

While technically true, the Jumpers used a lot of rotation last year.

At RB/FB they had 4-5 players constantly switching in and out to stay fresh, plus the starting RB from last year that was hurt prior to finals is back this year.

D-line rotated 6-7 players through out the game and two of the top 7 in rotation are not back.

2LB's gone with 1 returner from finals and injured player that was a starter before injury returning.

Jumpers replaced most lost starters with Jr's and Sr's not Fr and Soph's.