Simon Kenton/Dixie Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do u think wins this game?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who do u think wins this game?

It's hard to fathom Dixie losing to NC and then beating SK. I didn't recall the back-up QBs' for SK being exactly steller based on a 7 on 7 I saw earlier in the year. The key for SK is to get on top and force Pike to throw. If you don’t he's big enough to lunge forward for 3 yards nearly everytime he runs the ball.

I wouldn't read too much into SK's fortunes in NKY. They will not see team speed like they saw from Middletown. Dixie is not very quick nor fast so their offense has a chance to hit holes that will be open a little longer and get a little further around the corner than they did this weekend. Passes that might get knocked down by the Middie DB may fall into the hands of SK receivers.

It's hard to fathom Dixie losing to NC and then beating SK. I didn't recall the back-up QBs' for SK being exactly steller based on a 7 on 7 I saw earlier in the year. The key for SK is to get on top and force Pike to throw. If you don’t he's big enough to lunge forward for 3 yards nearly everytime he runs the ball.

From the stats in today's paper Young Mr. Pike has already run 25 times in 2 games. That small sample size shows he will take off quickly if his receivers aren't open.

From the stats in today's paper Young Mr. Pike has already run 25 times in 2 games. That small sample size shows he will take off quickly if his receivers aren't open.

Actually, I would guess nearly all those runs are designed plays. If it is a pass play, Pike is more likely to scramble in the backfield till he finds someone to throw to. He is dangerous when he does that because he is tough to bring down and he buys time for his receivers to get open. He usually does not run on a designed pass play.