Pulaski County 40 Harlan County 7

Maroon Fan

Very nice win for the Maroons, who came into the game a little banged up. When they get fully healthy they will really be hard to handle. Very impressive outing for the defense--it looks to be much improved from the last couple of seasons. I'd say Harlan County is glad their run in the Ray Correll Bowl is over, 35-8 last season and 40-7 this year.

What happen Bear Paw? They did this last season over there. Came back in the playoffs last season and beat Southwestern and redeemed themselves thankfully, but I thought we were more prepared this year. The coaches will right the ship, but I'm sure this was awful to watch. It was hard to listen to. This is too good of a team to go let this happen. We'll be alright. Got a few games to get ready before district play. We knew going in that Pulaski was a good team and had a lot returning, but it sounded like once the Black Bears got down that they just couldn't recover.

What happen Bear Paw? They did this last season over there. Came back in the playoffs last season and beat Southwestern and redeemed themselves thankfully, but I thought we were more prepared this year. The coaches will right the ship, but I'm sure this was awful to watch. It was hard to listen to. This is too good of a team to go let this happen. We'll be alright. Got a few games to get ready before district play. We knew going in that Pulaski was a good team and had a lot returning, but it sounded like once the Black Bears got down that they just couldn't recover.

Moma Bear I don't want to get into negativity...but we had a minimum of 5 false starts, two on the very first two plays. We were off sides defensively a couple of times. It was a very tough game to watch. Taking nothing from Pulaski Co. there is just not 33 points difference in the talent between these teams. One thing I will say; They had 2-3 very good offensive & defensive linemen, with size...moved well and technically sound. I saw 3 kids at the skill position that were very good vs. 5-6 that we have. To me this was a mental breakdown more than anything. We tried some misdirection that where if we handled the ball would have been good. This game should have been 7-7 at the half. In the second half we simply gave up. Reminded me much of the Whitley County game last year...After seeing the Letcher Central score I am very optimistic we might see these guys again...hopefully with a different result.

3 things really stood out in this game to me. 1. Pulaski was MUCH, MUCH faster than Harlan County. 2. Pulaski was in better condition than Harlan County. Harlan Co. had kids cramping up in the 2nd qtr. and it went on all night. 3. As Bear_Paw pointed out, the Black Bears simply gave up. I thought PC would pull this one out, but never di I think that a Tom Larkey-coached team would ever just quit. With all that said, I still think Harlan County will be a dangerous team when the playoffs roll around. As we PC fans know, these early season losses hurt the ego some but don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. District games and playoffs all that really matter. I am sure these 2 will meet up later in the year with a lot more than just a bowl trophy at steak.

HC will be fine. It does shock me that some say they quit on fri.

I don't know that they actually quit. PC returned a KO and Punt and recovered a fumble on the HC 20. Three quick scores would make it look like they quit but that was not the case. Mental errors was part of it the PC QB was outstanding. Take him off the PC team and things would have been even.

I don't know that they actually quit. PC returned a KO and Punt and recovered a fumble on the HC 20. Three quick scores would make it look like they quit but that was not the case. Mental errors was part of it the PC QB was outstanding. Take him off the PC team and things would have been even.

Quit was not my words...lol. I still live in HC. Agree with the rest of you post. I have ideas on why HC has problems with covering kicks that goes back to middle school. What bothers me more than anything is not being able to get set and go on the snap of the football. The lack of rythm disabled HC and gave Pulaski that confidence to go for the jugular and they did just that. One thing I noticed with last year's team is there was a hug difference in week 1 and 2. Hopefully history will repeat.