HHS / St. X, KY (Frosh) Predictions

jpa2825

Who wins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

OK, I think I have it figured out ... History Repeats Itself Over And Over And Over And

We have a winner. :D And of course it's true that he/she keeps repeating it over and over and over again. As if his/her repetitive allegations is going to change things.

Of course, he/she has no proof that the lack of matchups is due to Highlands ducking T or X but that does not prevent him/her from trying to tear down Highlands. We all know people like that.

Someone "very close" to me actually saw the e mails between Highlands and Trinity trying to schedule each other this year and last and the efforts made to find a open week for both. Highlands actually proposed some dates; those didn't work for Trinity. Trinity proposed some dates, those didn't work for Highlands. Seems to me that if Highlands had proposed some dates, they weren't ducking Trinity. But History knows, he just knows, that it's Highlands ducking Trinity and X. And nothing is going to stop him/her from continuing to make the bogus allegation. So look forward to more.".. and HRI OAOAOA". Heck, if he/she wants to be stupid about it, I'll do the same.

Hey I guess if that makes him/her feel better about his/her program (whomever that is....), I can live with it. In the meantime, we'll just keep racking up state championships and the occasional national ranking, which will continue to drive our little friend nuts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LN sure is smart. He just can't defend the indefensible of a team that has won 19 state championships, yet has only played the other big power in the state twice. You know the other team called the Shamrocks that vie with the Bluebirds for the most state championships. This needs to be called out at every opportunity, and will be.

Play Trinity or pretend to be the bully on the block, but we know you are afraid of you know who.

You are a hoot. Afraid of Trinity, but not afraid of Cincy X or Colerain. That should be illogical to just about any one with an open mind.

LN sure is smart. He just can't defend the indefensible of a team that has won 19 state championships, yet has only played the other big power in the state twice. You know the other team called the Shamrocks that vie with the Bluebirds for the most state championships. This needs to be called out at every opportunity, and will be.

Play Trinity or pretend to be the bully on the block, but we know you are afraid of you know who.

Coming from someone who I am sure has never scheduled a high school football game.

More proof that HRI OAOAOA.

With thanks to LN.

You are a hoot. Afraid of Trinity, but not afraid of Cincy X or Colerain. That should be illogical to just about any one with an open mind.

As near as I can tell since Mueller has been scheduling it looks like HHS is ducking Trinity by scheduling:

1997 Cincinnati Moeller

1998 Male, 4A Champ

1999 Elder

2000 Trinity ...opps, must have messed up there

2001 Male defending 4A champs and 2001 runnerup

2002 Male 4A runner up prior year and again 2002 in the famous shootout

2003 Boyle in the midst of their monster run

2004 Elder

2005 Colerain, Louisville St X

2006 Elder, Louisville St X

2007 Trootwood when they were loaded with talent

2008 Colerain

2009 Cinti St X

Am I missing something?

As near as I can tell since Mueller has been scheduling it looks like HHS is ducking Trinity by scheduling:

1997 Cincinnati Moeller

1998 Male, 4A Champ

1999 Elder

2000 Trinity ...opps, must have messed up there

2001 Male defending 4A champs and 2001 runnerup

2002 Male 4A runner up prior year and again 2002 in the famous shootout

2003 Boyle in the midst of their monster run

2004 Elder

2005 Colerain, Louisville St X

2006 Elder, Louisville St X

2007 Trootwood when they were loaded with talent

2008 Colerain

2009 Cinti St X

Am I missing something?

No you aren't missing any thing. But History has it in his/her mind that Highlands is ducking X and T because Highlands is afraid of those two programs. I wish he'd/she'd just pick up the phone and call Beatty and ask him if Highlands and Trinity tried in good faith to schedule one another last and this year. It would put the silliness to bed. I'd tell him/her to call Mueller, but I'd doubt he/she would believe Mueller.

Some Cincy X fans were accusing Mueller of ducking Cincy X this year on message boards and blogs. Ryan Ernst picked up the phone and called Specht to get to the bottom of those accusations. Specht told Ryan that Highlands was willing to sign a two year contract (for last and this year) but it was Specht that only wanted to sign a one year contract. And before any one accuses Specht of wanting to duck Highlands this year (which would be about as accurate as History's allegations), the reason Specht only would sign a one year contract is because he was working with Moeller to move their regular season game this year from the last game of the year to the spot Highlands played X last year. No ducking by either team; no team afraid of the other one; just a good faith scheduling issue.

All this stuff about Highlands supposedly ducking Trinity is such great material, it deserves its own thread. This thread is supposed to be about an upcoming freshman game between St. X. and Highlands. :irked:

On the subject at hand, aren't the Baby Bengals traveling to Highlands for the second year in a row? How come this isn't a home and home arrangement? Could it be that Highlands is "ducking" having to play St. X. at Brother Thomas More Page Stadium? :lol:

All this stuff about Highlands supposedly ducking Trinity is such great material, it deserves its own thread. This thread is supposed to be about an upcoming freshman game between St. X. and Highlands. :irked:

On the subject at hand, aren't the Baby Bengals traveling to Highlands for the second year in a row? How come this isn't a home and home arrangement? Could it be that Highlands is "ducking" having to play St. X. at Brother Thomas More Page Stadium? :lol:

It was originally on the Frosh schedule as AT St. X. For some reason, I heard scheduling conflicts at St. X, it was changed to HHS. No complaints from me. Opening weekend w/ 7 FTJFL games (including all 4 7th & 8th Grade Teams in the 1:30 and 3:30 slots before the Frosh game) should make for a long and enjoyable day at DCM. :)

It was originally on the Frosh schedule as AT St. X. For some reason, I heard scheduling conflicts at St. X, it was changed to HHS. No complaints from me. Opening weekend w/ 7 FTJFL games (including all 4 7th & 8th Grade Teams in the 1:30 and 3:30 slots before the Frosh game) should make for a long and enjoyable day at DCM. :)

Glad I checked the first post, I was getting ready to head up to the school for the typical Thursday Freshman game.:idunno:

And I apologize also. You are exactly correct. Perhaps we can convince History to start a thread involving the issue instead of injecting his accusation in every thread; which will permit me not to add "...and HRI OAOAOA" in every thread.:D

the only weak spot i could see on this HHS team is at QB and the grades of some of the player but i have been wrong before they are only 9th graders .

A little confused on this part. Does HHS grade out kids after each practice? I've heard of this on the College level, but not on the Freshman level in high school. Surely you were not calling out their, well, forget it.

Oh and before you go there, check your own post. Thanks and have a good day!!!!

Should be a great day/evening for football.

Just a side note for the freshman game, St. Xavier's supposed top freshman running back "the second coming of Victor Anderson" has transferred to another school. So there will only be 105 players making the trip. Wish I coulld make this one.

Just a side note for the freshman game, St. Xavier's supposed top freshman running back "the second coming of Victor Anderson" has transferred to another school. So there will only be 105 players making the trip. Wish I coulld make this one.

Where did he transfer? :confused:

This is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT! For the third freshman class in a row, St. X., who lives and dies with the running game, will not have difference-making running back...............BAD NEWS!! :irked:

2 times is all Highlands has ever played Trinity. 2 times.

The biggest win in school history for Highlands was last year against Cincinnati St. X. Why don't you geniuses take alook at how the Bombers finished their season. And after that shock to your system, the win doesn't look all that big.

Play Trinity-period.

Enjoy your 15-0 season, and build up of each week's ooponent, but you lost to Trinity in a scrimmage game in Fort Thomas this year-and yeah Dale wanted to win.