Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Board Denies Request for Somali Mosque in Mayfield

Featured Replies

Nope. They're building one down the street from my parents' home in the East End of Louisville.

 

 

They are taking their sweet time with it too. It has been in its current condition for over a year now.

Posted in another thread by mcpapa, but certainly applicable here as well:

 

But that’s the deal with Democracy. It’s not a Chinese menu. You don’t get to choose one freedom from column A and another from column B. Liberty is a buffet. With everything available to all. And the sneeze guard is free speech. Your desert? Look over there by the fruit of your own labors. Try an emancipation éclair.

 

Besides, if 2 blocks is too close, how far away is far enough? A mile? An ocean? 2 continents? I’m thinking four and a half blocks. Because there already is a Mosque four blocks away from Ground Zero. Guess we tend to conserve our energy for fresh outrages rather than fussing over existing ones. Must be why they call them Conservatives.

Again, the irony here is that the request was denied because, in a nutshell, there is not enough space for it.

 

The denial came from a facility that was way too small to hold the crowd.

I would hope they come back with an appropriate location that meets all the zoning requirements. Let's see what happens then.

I would hope they come back with an appropriate location that meets all the zoning requirements. Let's see what happens then.

 

Like they did in Florence, right?

Like they did in Florence, right?

 

Have they been denied in Florence? No, they were approved. I'm talking about what the government does, not some bozos out there making fools of themselves.

So if I was opposed and organized my group of people to show up 4 hours early to ensure that we get all of the seats and would be over capacity would the Petitioner still be allowed in?

 

Yes. In the P&Z hearing rooms at most counties I've been to, a counsel table, if you will, and podium are reserved for any Petitioner on the agenda.

 

Seriously, if these people did not hire counsel in the atmosphere we live in, they are shy on brain power.

Sounds like Hearsay said it was a done deal after the hearing. Unless I misunderstood.

 

If the Petioners did not testify or subject their application to examination, I would think it was a done deal.

Have they been denied in Florence? No, they were approved. I'm talking about what the government does, not some bozos out there making fools of themselves.

 

Actually, they were denied in Florence at a site near the Mt. Zion exit. They were denied, and found the spot near Mall Road. That's what I was referring to 75C.

Like Roberto Duran said "No Mosque"

Actually, they were denied in Florence at a site near the Mt. Zion exit. They were denied, and found the spot near Mall Road. That's what I was referring to 75C.

 

 

That's what I expect will happen in Mayfield.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.