A request and reminder

I agree with LN on his post. What I don't understand is many here always say that the kids are on BGP reading the posts-isn't that a violation in an of itself? Don't you have to be 18 to be a member? And isn't it a violation to get on someone else's account? Just curious?

As previously stated, you have to be 16 to be a member of BGP, with parental consent. That opens BGP up to many high school players. Also, as stated, the forums are sometimes open for anyone to read, member or not, so players who are not members can visit the site and read freely what is posted. Also, many schools allow access to the "High School Forums", so players are able to read what is said in the High School Forums when they are unlocked, from their school. That is why some rules are written for the High School Forums.

Players do read what is posted on BGP.

This is best understood when you have your own children talked about. I will never, ever talk about an individual player on here except in the most positive terms.

I agree :thumb:. Several of our basketball players, one in particular, were trying to be betrayed very negatively by some posters of the winning team after the regional tourney . Totally uncalled for. Like you I post positive things about the players. I don't' even like to see the coaches posted about in a negative light. As far as the fans, I state my opinion and the truth. This has "Ruffled" a few feathers. :lol:

LN - is this a preemptive strike against fans near and dear to you that might be watching a new OL in an upcoming scrimmage?

I seem to remember two seasons ago when they brought in a new line that struggled a bit in the BW scrimmage and the board was rocking with negative posts.

Good call, my friend.

Actually, since you asked, I had CovCath in mind when I made the post. :D

Nice essay by LN. I poke fun at other posters but not at players. All of these young men work their tails off and deserve better than anyone taking shots at mistakes, making personal attacks, etc. Watch mistakes in every NFL game and give me a break if we expect kids to play a perfect game. Go Birds 20n10 with a loss to Ryle mixed in somewhere during the campaign. :D