Did Ken Griffey Jr. take steroids?

Did Ken Griffey Jr. take steroids?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Did Ken Griffey Jr. take steroids?

• Yes.
    • No.

Where?

The power surge can easily be explained by a very young guy working out, getting stronger, and just "getting it", like a whole slew of other players entering their primes. Those fly ball outs, or those balls that were just missed turn into HRs.

The whole everyone else in Seattle was doing it, so he had to be, is just a pure garbage point.

Him breaking down, can easily be explained by his reckless nature in the field. After ramming into walls, diving all over the place and making spectacular catches, you're body is sooner or later break down, and we all know he wasn't too keen on his offseason workout regiments.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, and Griffey was also known as a guy who kept to himself in the clubhouse....Maybe that's a reason why, he didn't want to get caught up in it. I find the "everyone else was doing it, so he had to have done it" line lame. If that's the best you guys can come up with, you have no leg to stand on.

I am not really trying to come up with anything. There isn't any hardcore proof he did it and he has never had his name associated with anything like the other players did. You are absolutely right. Doesn't mean it won't come out 2-5 years from now. It's just a matter of time before we find out how dirty Lance Armstrong was. I would put Griffey in the same category. I truly believe that steroids were as prevalent as Canseco said they were and after seeing ARod and Manny and Big Papi, Nomar, etc. etc. I can't truly believe that all the superstars weren't on something. I just can't. If he truly wasn't, I am even more impressed by his career. For now, I am looking at his career with one eyebrow raised.

I'm not voting cause there is no option for "Who cares if he did?" I could care less if players use steroids or other performance enhancing drugs...as long as I'm entertained, I could care less what they do.

:thumb:

These are my true feelings about the whole PED issue.

I'm not voting cause there is no option for "Who cares if he did?" I could care less if players use steroids or other performance enhancing drugs...as long as I'm entertained, I could care less what they do.

Right on.

I don't think he did, but when a player gets hurt and wants to heal quickly, whats wrong if its legal? And you have to still hit the ball, does the "juice" help your eyesight?

This is the biggest point I bring up when many people want to talk about steroids in baseball.

I don't believe he did and I think there is no proof that he constant string of injuries later in his career provides no proof that he did either. He hit bad luck and he couldn't fully recover.

For those who say players injure more frequently when off steroids what about Bonds, Sosa, Arod, MacGuire. I mean those players never even came close to the injuries that Jr. dealt with.

I believe that Jr. didn't condition and rehab the way he was supposed to in order to properly heal from the initial injury.

I don't believe he did and I think there is no proof that he constant string of injuries later in his career provides no proof that he did either. He hit bad luck and he couldn't fully recover.

For those who say players injure more frequently when off steroids what about Bonds, Sosa, Arod, MacGuire. I mean those players never even came close to the injuries that Jr. dealt with.

I believe that Jr. didn't condition and rehab the way he was supposed to in order to properly heal from the initial injury.

I'm not talking about injuries. Look at his numbers in Seattle around a bunch of juicers and his numbers in Cincy around the non-juicers.