Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jim Bunning Brushes Back Stephen Strasburg

Featured Replies

Bunning needs to balance the budget, get more funding to education, etc and not worry about if Strasburg should pitch or not.

 

He needs help from the other side of the aisle. Also, he's allowed to say what he wants. Just like everyone in this thread can rip on him if they want. Plus we're kind of getting off topic here.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He needs help from the other side of the aisle. Also, he's allowed to say what he wants. Just like everyone in this thread can rip on him if they want. Plus we're kind of getting off topic here.

 

Your right he can say whatever he wants but that is what I want our politicians worrying about, the handling of Strasburg.

Since the Nationals sell so many extra tickets when Strasburg pitches and the Nationals publicized the fact that he was going to pitch that day, I wonder if many/any in DC requested a refund, if they solely went to the game to see him pitch. :idunno:

 

sweet16, I remember quite well our President talking about the NBA games and welcoming in many of the Pro sports teams who won Championships. I don't have a problem with that, so you shouldn't have a problem with a man who played the game and who is a member of the Hall of Fame expressing his opinion on the game he played professionally!

I read the article and I while I see quotes I would have liked to see the questions aked to him and see him answer them, unedited.

 

For example:

He said Strasburg's fallen greatly in his estimation.

“He was in the top one percentile,” Bunning said, pinching his thumb and forefinger together. Now, Bunning said, he’s closer to the 50th percentile.

 

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40377.html#ixzz0vINXLXgG

He is only quoted in the first part.

For me it is hard to pass judgement on what apperas to be a slanted article that lacks true context of the questions and answers given.

Since the Nationals sell so many extra tickets when Strasburg pitches and the Nationals publicized the fact that he was going to pitch that day, I wonder if many/any in DC requested a refund, if they solely went to the game to see him pitch. :idunno:

 

sweet16, I remember quite well our President talking about the NBA games and welcoming in many of the Pro sports teams who won Championships. I don't have a problem with that, so you shouldn't have a problem with a man who played the game and who is a member of the Hall of Fame expressing his opinion on the game he played professionally!

 

I have a problem with it when he doesn't even do a good job at the one he is doing. He was a heck of a pitcher.

I'm guessing due to him being a local guy that we've got Bunning supporters and/or Bunning family on here so I'll be cautious with my remarks.

 

He needs to stay away from microphones and writers. I'll leave it at that.

 

Clyde this is the difference between you and old Bunning. Bunning would never hold back and says exactly what's on his mind in any forum. I'm sure he would view your desire to be cautious as the typical excuse for those unwilling to step up to the plate, no pun intended. If Bunning were a poster on BGP's his Username would be "Jim Bunning'.

Sen. Bunning is a piece of work. God bless him. Kind of like a cranky old uncle.

Clyde this is the difference between you and old Bunning. Bunning would never hold back and says exactly what's on his mind in any forum. I'm sure he would view your desire to be cautious as the typical excuse for those unwilling to step up to the plate, no pun intended. If Bunning were a poster on BGP's his Username would be "Jim Bunning'.

 

From reading Clyde's posts I get the impression he has done quite a bit of officiating. He is a technician when it comes to understandng, applying and following the rules. The rules of BGP prohibit, among other things, disparaging comments, taunting, personal attacks, etc. etc. I think you are correct that Senator Bunning would never hold back and would say what's on his mind in any forum. Such conduct, while admirable on the playing field, is prohibited in BGP. The comments Clyde offered on Senator Bunning were made withing the framework of the BGP rules. Mastering the rules no doubt makes Clyde a great referee. It is also one of the many qualities that make him an MVP on Bluegrasspreps. :thumb:

Clyde this is the difference between you and old Bunning. Bunning would never hold back and says exactly what's on his mind in any forum. I'm sure he would view your desire to be cautious as the typical excuse for those unwilling to step up to the plate, no pun intended. If Bunning were a poster on BGP's his Username would be "Jim Bunning'.

 

Saying what's exactly one one's mind is not a positive attribute. There's a time and a place to state what's on your mind. Its not ALWAYS the time NOR The place.

From reading Clyde's posts I get the impression he has done quite a bit of officiating. He is a technician when it comes to understandng, applying and following the rules. :

 

Lets just say I've "gotten better" at following BGP rules.

 

Thanks for the kind words.

From reading Clyde's posts I get the impression he has done quite a bit of officiating. He is a technician when it comes to understandng, applying and following the rules. The rules of BGP prohibit, among other things, disparaging comments, taunting, personal attacks, etc. etc. I think you are correct that Senator Bunning would never hold back and would say what's on his mind in any forum. Such conduct, while admirable on the playing field, is prohibited in BGP. The comments Clyde offered on Senator Bunning were made withing the framework of the BGP rules. Mastering the rules no doubt makes Clyde a great referee. It is also one of the many qualities that make him an MVP on Bluegrasspreps. :thumb:

 

Very loose, and up to the judger in my opinion. What some may find disparaging, others don't.

 

Not with regards to Clyde, but I wouldn't be so quick to defend officials Flotsam, as they have "blown" quite a few calls in baseball this year, and I believe more scrutiny is ready to come out in other sports. Their calls or lack therof have huge impacts on games, and they know it, and some abuse that power imo.

Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Bunning mocked the manhood of rookie Washington Nationals pitcher Stephen Strasburg after the 22-year-old phenom was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday night because of shoulder soreness.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.