Newport Central Catholic 2010/2011

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their incoming frosh class will be lead by Mac Franzen. Very nice athlete. Along with big man Jake Schulte. There is just not a whole lot of support coming with thim this year.

How big is Jake Shulte these days? I remember watching him as a 5th grader and he was always bigger than the kids in his grade. Franzen has great potential and is a nice kid, I hope he matures and grows into a fine player at NCC.

Jake has to be 6'2 + by now and still growing. Big thick legs, he will be a beast. Both are great kids! I've seen both of them throughout their grade school playing days and I think they will have very nice high school years on the hardwood.

Talk about this school when the ALL A comes around then forget them .............. Most of the schools in NKY is lucky that there is this thing called the ALL A ......... Just not that good in NKY in round ball ........... Covington is in its own world ...........

Covington has 3 final four visits in the last 4 years. In 07-08 New Cath was one of Holmes' 3 losses. (Another was to Mason County in the Sweet 16 championship game) NCC always plays hard and smart.

• 2 weeks later...
Their incoming frosh class will be lead by Mac Franzen. Very nice athlete. Along with big man Jake Schulte. There is just not a whole lot of support coming with thim this year.

I was told the entire St. Joes 8th grade team is going to NCC. Is that not true and were'nt they pretty good like they usually are?

I was told the entire St. Joe's 8th grade team is going to NCC. Is that not true and weren't they pretty good like they usually are?

They were a very good team as 7th and 8th graders, I'm pretty sure they won the diocesan championship 2 years in a row. Who ever told you the entire team will be on this hill this year was incorrect. The two best ball players went south to Brossart and another starter went to Highlands. Pangallo could develop to be a nice player, he has a decent shot and nice size (for a Pangallo). Other than he and Schulte (and a work in progress boy named Johnson), I don't think there will be a lot of talent from that team that will help the Breds in the long run.

Pangallo is St. Therese and still in grade school this year and will be more than just a pretty good player. Has the potential to be outstanding............... There is another Highchew as well on that school team. Couple nice players on the various "feeder school" teams for NCC...................

As long as NCC can continue to get athletes from Brossart "feeder schools" in St. Joe's and maybe one or two from St. Mary's they will be fine. The issue would come in if they ever had to rely solely on their feeder schools (Holy Trinity, the two Ft. Thomas schools and St. Therese). Holy Trinity might have one player (crawford) in the eighth grade who can remotely play at all and the Ft. Thomas schools they lose kids to Highlands every year.................

For the record Mitch Pangallo is an incoming freshman from St. Joe's. I've seen the St. Therese version and he too can play. I agree, St. Joe's is important to NCC as well as Brossart. St. Joe's 8th grade class is once again talented and I think most of them will be going north.

How big is Jake Shulte these days? I remember watching him as a 5th grader and he was always bigger than the kids in his grade. Franzen has great potential and is a nice kid, I hope he matures and grows into a fine player at NCC.
Jake is 6'4" and according to his mom is still growing .

Jake is 6'4" and according to his mom is still growing .

WOW, I have not seen him for a few months, he has potential to be 6'9" or so. Thick legs too. I've already made the call that he could potentially be player of the year in 4 years if he continues to grow and works on his game.