Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Tournament Format

Featured Replies

Looks like the NCAA will split the difference in the plan for opening round games by having two play in games for 16 seeds and two play in games for the final at large spots. Thoughts???

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the 2 play-in games for 16 seeds don't excite me much.

 

I don't really like the idea of having a play in game for at large bids either, but it'll be exciting basketball and I'm sure I'll watch.

I'm not a huge fan to me it should have been the lowest 8 teams. I understand these conferences feel like they are shafted all the time, but their teams have to earn something in my opinion. Not to mention every blue moon a 15 seed is good enough to beat a 2 so if 1 seeds now had to start playing old 15 seeds in the first round there is a CHANCE that a 1 could be knocked off, and I would love to see that happen.

The NCAA hoops tournament weakens the regular season, and now they are continuing to water down the end of year tournament. All about money, and I will be in the minority, but they are losing my interest in it.

Why not just have 4 play in games? Each winner becoming the 16th seed? I know its not too exciting but that means 4 more at large teams get in the Big Dance and dont need a play in game.

I would have rather seen all four play-in games be at-large teams, but this is a nice compromise.

 

If you would have rather there been four play-ins for the 16 seeds, you may as well give the 1 seed a bye and call it a day. No 16 seed has ever beaten a 1 seed, and I am pretty sure they're not going to do it having already played a game three days before.

I would have rather seen all four play-in games be at-large teams, but this is a nice compromise.

 

If you would have rather there been four play-ins for the 16 seeds, you may as well give the 1 seed a bye and call it a day. No 16 seed has ever beaten a 1 seed, and I am pretty sure they're not going to do it having already played a game three days before.

 

Then wat seed in each bracket do you make it for? The 12 seed?

  • Author
Then wat seed in each bracket do you make it for? The 12 seed?

 

Depends on the field. It will usually be for a 12, but doesn't have to be...

  • Author

Sounds like the 4 lowest auto qualifiers will be determined by the RPI...

This will put a real monkey wrench on the bracket pools.

This will put a real monkey wrench on the bracket pools.

 

I suspect you'll either have to select "play-in winner" as the team to advance past the first round in those at-large games if the deadline would be Tuesday, or simply have your contestants wait to submit until after the play-ins and before Thursday. It will definitely make the window narrower.

Looks like the NCAA will split the difference in the plan for opening round games by having two play in games for 16 seeds and two play in games for the final at large spots. Thoughts???

 

With the field of 68, I think this is the best scenerio possible. I think the games between the at large teams will generate a lot of interest, and could shake up brackets. My only question on this is do the winners of the at large play in get an 11 or 12?

After seeing what Andy Katz explained as the new format there will be 2 play in games against the top two 1 seeds, then a play in game to the two 12 seeds in these 2 brackets. For example, Mississippi St. would have played UTEP to get to play Butler as the 12 seed, and on the other side, Virginia Tech would have played Utah St for that 12 seed.

It's dumb and solves nothing. It's like they made a change just to try and make some happy.

Well is adds 2 extra at large teams to the tournament so that obviously does something. It will get rid of some of the controversy with particular bubble teams so we'll see how this next tournament goes and then an educated critique can be assessed

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.