Stay Classy Dan Gilbert

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's funny, he actually didn't have to do what he did. Dan Gilbert could have easily taken the high road and still released frustration instead of being a coward himself and taking it out on Lebron. Dan Gilbert showed his true colors last night and I guarantee that a lot of free agents will spurn the chance to play for the Cavs because of it. Who wants to go play for a team that will degrade you when you leave?

He had no right whatsoever to say all the things he did and I bet that he issues an apology in the next couple of days.

I disagree. While he didn't have to be so scathing, Cavs fans will rally around that response more than they would have a "we wish him the best, win some, lose some" statement. People in Cleveland are ticked and have a right to be bitter. LeBron has been tortuing them for two years by hinting he's leaving, two years they have had the best record in the league and two years they've flamed out in the playoffs (the last year watching LeBron completely lay down) and then, to top it off, he has an hour-long primetime special to annouce his decision? Not right.

I disagree. While he didn't have to be so scathing, Cavs fans will rally around that response more than they would have a "we wish him the best, win some, lose some" statement. People in Cleveland are ticked and have a right to be bitter. LeBron has been tortuing them for two years by hinting he's leaving, two years they have had the best record in the league and two years they've flamed out in the playoffs (the last year watching LeBron completely lay down) and then, to top it off, he has an hour-long primetime special to annouce his decision? Not right.

Cavs fans will rally at home, b/c they won't be going to the games.

Cavs fans will rally at home, b/c they won't be going to the games.

See, that's the point of Gilbert's rant. It's not about LeBron anymore. It's about the Cavs going forward and Gilbert was trying to keep the hype/interest up around the team. You may disagree with his method, but it's just the first step in what he had to do.

See, that's the point of Gilbert's rant. It's not about LeBron anymore. It's about the Cavs going forward and Gilbert was trying to keep the hype/interest up around the team. You may disagree with his method, but it's just the first step in what he had to do.

He ruined all chances of ever getting a big free agent. It isn't Lebron's job to make Gilbert's franchise more valuable. LBJ put the stake in the heart. Gilbert drove it home.

Yeah, but now all the players in the NBA are bashing him. He better hit the lottery again to get top notch talent there.

All NBA players? I highly doubt it. I am now a fan of the Cavs and somewhat believe him when he says they'll win a championship before the 3 Me-Egos.

All NBA players? I highly doubt it. I am now a fan of the Cavs and somewhat believe him when he says they'll win a championship before the 3 Me-Egos.

Do you think 19-30 year old mostly black athletes agree w/ LBJ going where he wnated to go or the older white owner of the Cavs?

Gilbert just destroyed his chances. He wants LBJ to be loyal but he killed LBJ. Do you think these players and agents didn't take notice? He and the Cleveland fans just proved themselves to have no loyalty. They bag for loyalty, but they have none.

I follow two NBA players on twitter and they both hammered Gilbert and congratulated LBJ.

Cavs will not win a championship. Mark it down!

Now that is a bold prediction lol jk

I agree with what some of you have posted about "things behind closed doors". But at the end of the day, it was behind the scenes, Gilbert brought that to the forefront. Not a bright idea.

LeBron made a shameless fool of himself with the overproduction of "The Decision", and I think his actions were insulting to the Cavs. I think a statement from Gilbert was in line. I think some of Gilbert's statement, however, was uncalled for, disrespectful, and plain ridiculous. I agree with Zoot that he was trying to protect his investment, but calling a player a deserter, betrayer, and so in simply because he didn't stay in his hometown is childish and out of line. Pete Rose grew up in Cincinnati, and he left the Reds on free agency, Nolan Ryan grew up outside of Houston, and he left the Astros in a contract dispute to play for the Rangers in Dallas...

Anybody ever heard of looking out for number one? I can't really knock a for going wherever they offer more money. Who doesn't accept a raise when it's offered? I think both LeBron and Gilbert are showing some of their true colors here. No wonder they couldn't work out a contract extension.

He ruined all chances of ever getting a big free agent. It isn't Lebron's job to make Gilbert's franchise more valuable. LBJ put the stake in the heart. Gilbert drove it home.

Like I said before, Cleveland has never had bigtime free agents beating down their door. It's now about making wise trades and wise draft picks, as well as lucking out with a few young guys.