Adidas Invitational July 6 - 8

Huge big AAU tourney in Indy on July 6-8. College coaches from all over the country will attending this tourney.

Here is a link to the site, to the right you can go under documents and see all the pools and teams. This site usually gives updates of winners and brackets during the tourney.

http://www.usayouthhoops.com/Tournament.aspx?Id=9

I plan on going, any other BGP'ers out there going?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the links......

However, anyone on site that can provide updates with regard to the tournament, atmosphere and the Northern Kentucky Bulldogs (17U - Pool 29)? It looks like they finished 1-1 in the pool play and made the Silver Tourney.

It looks like they blew out Spice Gym Rats but then turned around and got beat up by Virginia Assault Gold.

Was anyone at the games that can provide an update here on BGP?

Who is playing well for them?

Just has way too much talent to coast through games as often as he does. Drives me nuts...

Never could understand that. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've hear "Well, this game just wasn't important to him", or some variant thereof.

Give me someone who hustles every play of every game.

Thanks for the links......

However, anyone on site that can provide updates with regard to the tournament, atmosphere and the Northern Kentucky Bulldogs (17U - Pool 29)? It looks like they finished 1-1 in the pool play and made the Silver Tourney.

It looks like they blew out Spice Gym Rats but then turned around and got beat up by Virginia Assault Gold.

Was anyone at the games that can provide an update here on BGP?

Who is playing well for them?

Got to see two games Tuesday… I don’t have precise stats, but as a general overview:

Bobby Stauffer (Ryle) was a beast in game one with a double-double vs. the Spiece Gym Rats. He had at least 20 pts. and about a dozen boards. Robbie Barber (Scott County), Travis Montgomery (Boone County), Todd Vollett (Ryle), Jack Stewart (Highlands) and Chris Hayes (Holmes) all turned in solid performances in a 78 - 61 win.

Game two against the Virginia Assault Gold pitted the Bulldogs against a tall, athletic team with one player that looked to be close to 7’ tall, two 6’8”s and solid guard play. The game opened with the Bulldogs falling behind by 20 points in what looked like it was going to be a runaway dunk fest. Barber, Hayes and Matt Trammel (Dixie Heights) hit a string of threes to narrow the gap to 42-30 at the half. The Bulldogs adjusted, went on an 18-7 run to close to within one point, 49-48 with about eight minutes to play. VAG put on a burst, NKY pulled to 4 down, and the game see-sawed until the final 1:30… where the Assault gradually padded the final margin to 78-66 primarily at the stripe. Barber and Stauffer led the way in scoring and rebounding, with Trammel, Hayes, Stewart and Jacob Flesch (Conner) all finishing at or near double figures in scoring.

There were over a dozen college coaches present for the second game. I was able to identify Dartmouth and Georgia Southern among them. This is a very nice tournament with many colleges present to evaluate high school talent from across the nation. :thumb:

Up here watching our Kentucky teams........

-The Ville 16 U went 1 - 2 and are done

-Derek Smith 17 U went 0 - 3 and are done

-Next Level 16 U was 0 - 2 and playing in the Bronze Division earlier today

-Derek Smith 16 U was 4 - 0, beat a "super pool" Houston Elite earlier today and remains alive in the Platinum Division

-Royal Family 15 U was 1 - 1 and played earlier today in the Silver Division

Thats what I know so far.