Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rate my WAY TOO EARLY fantasy football team

How does my team rate? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. How does my team rate?

    • Top tier
      0%
      0
    • Above average
      18%
    • Average
      63%
    • Below Average
      9%
    • Cellar Dweller
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Tony Romo:

 

INT's - Threw 7 all season. Only Rodgers and Favre threw less from your list.

Passing Yards: 3rd

Yards/Completion - 4th

Completions - 7th

1st downs - 7th

QB Rating - 8th

TD's: 10th

 

He's top 10 in nearly every important quarterback statistical category. Nice try. No one's arguing he's a top tier quarterback but if he's starting for my team in a 12 team league after drafting 2 RB's in the first two rounds I'm not complaining.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing you've never won a fantasy league.

 

Sanchez, Henne, Palmer, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Eli, Kolb, and Ryan before Romo? Get a clue..

 

I think he won the BGP Fantasy Football league the year before last but 1.) that was before I joined the league and 2.) as long as he's thinking like that, he won't be in my way.:lol:

I think he won the BGP Fantasy Football league the year before last but 1.) that was before I joined the league and 2.) as long as he's thinking like that, he won't be in my way.:lol:

 

If you're in the league again you can laugh in his face when he takes Henne, Palmer, Flacco, Eli, or Sanchez when Romo's still on the board.

I'm guessing you've never won a fantasy league.

 

Sanchez, Henne, Palmer, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Eli, Kolb, and Ryan before Romo? Get a clue..

 

A little harsh, but that was funny :lol:.

Strong starting lineup, not sold on Edwards but very good at every other starting spot. The bench is a wreck.

  • Author

Bench is a wreck but I'm really counting on my starting lineup and maybe a surprise or two out of the bench. If anything else I can pick some FA's.

I'm guessing you've never won a fantasy league.

 

Sanchez, Henne, Palmer, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Eli, Kolb, and Ryan before Romo? Get a clue..

 

:laugh:

I'm guessing you've never won a fantasy league.

 

Sanchez, Henne, Palmer, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Eli, Kolb, and Ryan before Romo? Get a clue..

 

I win multiple leagues a year. You obviously have no fantasy knowledge if you think Romo is top tier.

I think he won the BGP Fantasy Football league the year before last but 1.) that was before I joined the league and 2.) as long as he's thinking like that, he won't be in my way.:lol:

 

I did, and where'd you finish in the league last year?

 

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Romo is an elite fantasy QB.

 

It's a position that after the top 5-6 guys ( Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Rivers, Brady, Farve), you're going to get close to the same production from the next 15 or so guys.

If you're in the league again you can laugh in his face when he takes Henne, Palmer, Flacco, Eli, or Sanchez when Romo's still on the board.

 

Romo isn't on the board, because one owner was nice enough to do the rest of the league a favor and make him a keeper.

I think he won the BGP Fantasy Football league the year before last but 1.) that was before I joined the league and 2.) as long as he's thinking like that, he won't be in my way.:lol:

 

American Conference

1. Fleming County Hooligans

2. Maysville Split Ends

3. Indo Savages

4. Somewhere Insanity Blazer ®

5. Paducah Rabbit Fists

6. Marrowbone Marauders ®

7. Bushwood Country Club Gophers

8. Big Creek Moonshiners

9. Atwood Fighting' Amish

10. Mississippi Thrill

11. Maytown Mirkers

12. Bardstown Butchers

13. Dorton Street Sweepers

14. Boyle County Blue Devils

15. Junction City Jailcats

16. Middle Fork Mustard Seeds

 

As you can see from the draft order for this year in the league, I pick 2nd to last which means I came in 2nd in our Conference, you pick 3rd to last which means you came in 3rd. So unless my math is incorrect, or I've completely wasted the 16 years of education I've received, that means my team was better than you last year, all the while having to play the last half the year with Chad Henne as QB. That must suck for a fantasy "guru" like yourself.

I win multiple leagues a year. You obviously have no fantasy knowledge if you think Romo is top tier.

 

You obviously missed the part where I CLEARLY stated that "no one is arguing Romo is a top tier quarterback" but if you think he's behind the quarterbacks that I listed above, you're crazy. You may know your RB's and WR's which leads to success, but you know absolutely nothing about QB's from what I can see. Review post #16 and if you still don't believe he's not as good as the quarterbacks you mentioned, explain why. I'd love to hear this one.

You obviously missed the part where I CLEARLY stated that "no one is arguing Romo is a top tier quarterback" but if you think he's behind the quarterbacks that I listed above, you're crazy. You may know your RB's and WR's which leads to success, but you know absolutely nothing about QB's from what I can see.

 

No, I know plenty about QBs. After the top 5-6 (Brady, Manning, Brees, Favre, Rivers, & Rodgers), you're going to get very close to the same production from the next 15-16 QBs. So if you consider drafting Romo anywhere before rounds 6-7 at the earliest, you're only hurting yourself and your team.

No, I know plenty about QBs. After the top 5-6 (Brady, Manning, Brees, Favre, Rivers, & Rodgers), you're going to get very close to the same production from the next 15-16 QBs. So if you consider drafting Romo anywhere before rounds 6-7 at the earliest, you're only hurting yourself and your team.

 

Show me some evidence. You're just going off of your pure hatred of Romo. I'll tell you right now that him having the 3rd best passing yards in the NFL is clearly worth of a top 10 quarterback draft choice especially since Favre is the only quarterback that threw less interceptions than him last year. Rodgers and Romo both had 7.

Show me some evidence. You're just going off of your pure hatred of Romo.

 

Hatred of Romo, what the heck are you talking about? I could care less about Romo. There's only 2-3 NFL players I strongly dislike, and Romo isn't anywhere close to being one of them.

 

As far as evidence, it's obvious just by playing FF. You pick Romo in round 3, and you miss out on a solid WR or RB, say Benson. Say you settle for Beanie Wells as your #2 RB because of that. Now in round 7 or 8 a QB like Flacco or Palmer are still available. What combination is most likely to perform the best? I'd say Flacco/Palmer and Benson would produce at least as much, if not more, than Romo and Wells.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.