Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rate my WAY TOO EARLY fantasy football team

How does my team rate? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. How does my team rate?

    • Top tier
      0%
      0
    • Above average
      18%
    • Average
      63%
    • Below Average
      9%
    • Cellar Dweller
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Aaron Rodgers, GB QB

Drew Brees, NO QB

Brett Favre, Min QB

Matt Schaub, Hou QB

Peyton Manning, Ind QB

Tony Romo, Dal QB

Tom Brady, NE QB

Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB

Philip Rivers, SD QB

Donovan McNabb, Phi QB

Eli Manning, NYG QB

Jay Cutler, Chi QB

David Garrard, Jac QB

Kurt Warner, Ari QB

Jason Campbell, Was QB

Kyle Orton, Den QB

Carson Palmer, Cin QB

Joe Flacco, Bal QB

Matt Ryan, Atl QB

Matt Cassel, KC QB

Matt Hasselbeck, Sea QB

Alex Smith, SF QB

Chad Henne, Mia QB

Vince Young, Ten QB

Mark Sanchez, NYJ QB P

Matthew Stafford, Det QB P

 

This is the exact order in which they finished in my league. Now please, some hard evidence...I'm waiting. You say Brady and Rivers are top tier but unless I'm blind or dyslexic, Romo had a better season. After looking at this list you cannot still say you'd rather have Sanchez and Henne. Don't kid yourself.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously can't comprehend what I'm saying, so this is a waste of my time.

You obviously can't comprehend what I'm saying, so this is a waste of my time.

 

I'm comprehending it perfectly. You want a Brady or Rivers somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round range but don't want Romo until the 6th or 7th that has better fantasy ratings. Makes perfect sense......Your argument is that he puts up similar numbers to those long after the top tier quarterbacks which is false. That's what I'm trying to tell you. I understand exactly what you're saying, but you're wrong.

I'm comprehending it perfectly. You want a Brady or Rivers somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round range but don't want Romo until the 6th or 7th that has better fantasy ratings. Makes perfect sense......

 

Like I said, not comprehending at all, so it's a waste.

Like I said, not comprehending at all, so it's a waste.

 

Can I be in your league this year?

Can I be in your league this year?

 

You should have tried to get in the BGP league. I would've got to pummel your Tony Romo led team 2x a year.

I'll try one last time to explain my position.

 

Having Romo at QB may get you more points from that position than all but 5-6 guys. Great, grand, wonderful, and irrelevant.

 

If the cost of having Romo over a QB like Flacco or Palmer, is having to settle for Beanie Wells or LenDale White as your #2 RB over a guy like Shady McCoy or Cedric Benson, then it's a disadvantage. Any advantage Romo may give you over Flacco or Palmer is offset by the points you're losing out by having White or Wells over McCoy or Benson.

I'll try one last time to explain my position.

 

Having Romo at QB may get you more points from that position than all but 5-6 guys. Great, grand, wonderful, and irrelevant.

 

If the cost of having Romo over a QB like Flacco or Palmer, is having to settle for Beanie Wells or LenDale White as your #2 RB over a guy like Shady McCoy or Cedric Benson, then it's a disadvantage. Any advantage Romo may give you over Flacco or Palmer is offset by the points you're losing out by having White or Wells over McCoy or Benson.

 

But he didn't settle for having Wells or White as his #2 back. He's got Turner and Williams along with Ochocinco and Rice at wideout. He's got clear cut starters at all 4 positions, that being the case wouldn't having Romo be a good thing?

 

And back to one of your other quotes. If they were all available and you were ready to draft a quarterback you'd really take Sanchez, Henne, Flacco, Kolb, McNabb, Ryan and E. Manning over Romo on a fantasy team? Again, I understand your reasoning that Romo isn't far enough ahead of the 2nd tier quarterbacks to take him until the middle rounds. However, you said you'd take all those other quarterbacks ahead of Romo.

But he didn't settle for having Wells or White as his #2 back. He's got Turner and Williams along with Ochocinco and Rice at wideout. He's got clear cut starters at all 4 positions, that being the case wouldn't having Romo be a good thing?

 

And back to one of your other quotes. If they were all available and you were ready to draft a quarterback you'd really take Sanchez, Henne, Flacco, Kolb, McNabb, Ryan and E. Manning over Romo on a fantasy team? Again, I understand your reasoning that Romo isn't far enough ahead of the 2nd tier quarterbacks to take him until the middle rounds. However, you said you'd take all those other quarterbacks ahead of Romo.

 

I wasn't specifically talking about TBW's current scenario.

 

As to your other question, if all those guys were still available, I honestly wouldn't take a QB yet. I'd go for a better value pick at another position. If a gun were held to my head in that situation and I was forced to take a QB, I'd go McNabb, Henne, Manning all before Romo, and maybe Flacco. Of course, I'm under the assumption that Henne and Flacco are going to have monster seasons though, so that's part of my reasoning there.

 

I also don't think taking Sanchez, Ryan, or Kolb there would be a reach.

Hatred of Romo, what the heck are you talking about? I could care less about Romo. There's only 2-3 NFL players I strongly dislike, and Romo isn't anywhere close to being one of them.

 

As far as evidence, it's obvious just by playing FF. You pick Romo in round 3, and you miss out on a solid WR or RB, say Benson. Say you settle for Beanie Wells as your #2 RB because of that. Now in round 7 or 8 a QB like Flacco or Palmer are still available. What combination is most likely to perform the best? I'd say Flacco/Palmer and Benson would produce at least as much, if not more, than Romo and Wells.

 

Only problem with your reasoning is that he has two pretty good starting RBs and not a guy we know nothing about like Beanie Wells. I'll take a team of Romo, Turner and Deangelo Williams and embarrass your team of Palmer and Benson and what ever RB you would pick up (provided it's not Fantasy God's like Chris Johnson or All-Day). Romo>>> Palmer or Flacco in Fantasy league I would imagine.

I wasn't specifically talking about TBW's current scenario.

 

As to your other question, if all those guys were still available, I honestly wouldn't take a QB yet. I'd go for a better value pick at another position. If a gun were held to my head in that situation and I was forced to take a QB, I'd go McNabb, Henne, Manning all before Romo, and maybe Flacco. Of course, I'm under the assumption that Henne and Flacco are going to have monster seasons though, so that's part of my reasoning there.

 

I also don't think taking Sanchez, Ryan, or Kolb there would be a reach.

 

I didn't see this post UKMF, before I posted my last one.

I did, and where'd you finish in the league last year?

 

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Romo is an elite fantasy QB.

 

It's a position that after the top 5-6 guys ( Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Rivers, Brady, Farve), you're going to get close to the same production from the next 15 or so guys.

 

 

In my first year I made it to the Conference Semifinals after winning my division.

 

 

See my stats from above. Outside of Brees and Rodgers, he finished within 10 points of all the top tier qb's including ahead of Brady and Rivers. That would put him in the 3-16 range.

In my first year I made it to the Conference Semifinals after winning my division.

 

 

 

And I made it to the conference finals...:D

American Conference

1. Fleming County Hooligans

2. Maysville Split Ends

3. Indo Savages

4. Somewhere Insanity Blazer ®

5. Paducah Rabbit Fists

6. Marrowbone Marauders ®

7. Bushwood Country Club Gophers

8. Big Creek Moonshiners

9. Atwood Fighting' Amish

10. Mississippi Thrill

11. Maytown Mirkers

12. Bardstown Butchers

13. Dorton Street Sweepers

14. Boyle County Blue Devils

15. Junction City Jailcats

16. Middle Fork Mustard Seeds

 

As you can see from the draft order for this year in the league, I pick 2nd to last which means I came in 2nd in our Conference, you pick 3rd to last which means you came in 3rd. So unless my math is incorrect, or I've completely wasted the 16 years of education I've received, that means my team was better than you last year, all the while having to play the last half the year with Chad Henne as QB. That must suck for a fantasy "guru" like yourself.

 

:lol:

 

You finished 1 spot ahead of me in a league where I have been in it 1 year and you're bragging? :lol: Come on son, it'd be different if you'd won it all, but you finished 1 spot ahead of me. :lol: Well, it is ahead so I must bow down to your ever so dominating guruness. You finishing ahead of me is like Romo finishing ahead of Brady according to your "16 years of education".....a fluke.:lol: And it was only 1 spot.:lol:

 

In head to head fantasy football you know as well as I do alot of luck takes place every week that has nothing to do with knowledge. See, Chad Henne as your quarterback. When you get time go look at league history and see who has scored the #2, #6, and #18 highest one week totals in league history to your #15 and you've been in the league how many years now?. I ain't scared of you Your Guruness. :lol:

And I made it to the conference finals...:D

 

I hope you make it this year.......I'll be waiting.:ylsuper:

 

 

Word.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.