Track the Reds (Week 12)

LRCW

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Reds should pursue Cliff Lee in the offseason, not this season. Get him to replace Harang & be our Opening Day Starter. In '09, Lee makes $9 million.

Phillips is going to make $11 million next year. It may be time to trade him in the offseason.

I think the Reds should pursue Cliff Lee in the offseason, not this season. Get him to replace Harang & be our Opening Day Starter. In '09, Lee makes $9 million.

Phillips is going to make $11 million next year. It may be time to trade him in the offseason.

I think they should pursue him now. If he comes here and they somehow make the playoffs he might stick around b/c he thinks Votto, BP, and Bruce are good. If he hits the open market after never pitching here he won't give them much of a look IMO. I doubt they outbid the big boys for him.

I think they should pursue him now. If he comes here and they somehow make the playoffs he might stick around b/c he thinks Votto, BP, and Bruce are good. If he hits the open market after never pitching here he won't give them much of a look IMO. I doubt they outbid the big boys for him.

You may be right, but what would you be willing to part with to have Lee for 1/2 a season? The big boys will be suiting Lee regardless of where he finishes the season this year.

You may be right, but what would you be willing to part with to have Lee for 1/2 a season? The big boys will be suiting Lee regardless of where he finishes the season this year.

I think that if there's interest by the Reds in Lee, they need to pursue him now instead of waiting until the trading deadline approaches. I agree with SSC.

I'd be willing to part w/ a lot for Lee for the rest of this season.