June 25, 201016 yr My take on Bezold in the two times I've spoken with him he is a pretty straight shooter, meaning if you ask he will tell you what you want to know. He voluntarily told me he gave schlorship offers to both Faulkners and Ferg right out of high school but only got one, point is I don't understand how you all who claim to be in the know up there can't get any information out of the man. Seems if a total stranger could get that kinda straight out of the horse's mouth knowledge you all could confirm once and for all if Ferg is out of the NKU "landscape" for 10-11! I don't claim to know anyone or have an inside track to the NKU program. But, I do find it very, very unlikely that Ferguson would get an offer, decline it, take a year off from basketball entirely, and then STILL have an offer on the table.
June 25, 201016 yr With respect to Coach Bezold or the basketball program, I am not at liberty to discuss why or why not a potential player is or isn't going to be on the roster. All I will say is that it has been written in the local paper Ferguson will not be at NKU and as far as the "credible" sources you are looking for, I think Richard Skinner, who is an established reporter, of the Cincinnati Enquirer has more credibility than an internet blogger. Here is a link for you to enjoy. http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100618/SPT01/6180367/1062/spt&template=wapart Rich and Bez are tight.
June 28, 201016 yr Last week I was hearing the name Anthony "Biggie" McClain from UC as a possible transfer. I've also hear about a transfer from BYU. But after talking to my source it sounds like both of these seem more and more unlikely. As for Ferguson.....nothing has come of him yet other than a couple open gyms.
July 9, 201016 yr I don't claim to know anyone or have an inside track to the NKU program. But, I do find it very, very unlikely that Ferguson would get an offer, decline it, take a year off from basketball entirely, and then STILL have an offer on the table.[/QUOTE] It is not unlikely, because Ferg had an offer from NKU decided not to play anywhere and once again a few month's later got an offer from NKU first year on his own, and next three on Bezold. That is 100% fact.
July 22, 201016 yr Sounds like the Norse will be traveling to West Liberty on Dec. 11th. This will be a special moment for Corey Pelle who grew up 5 minutes from NKU. He has gone on to be an all region player at West Liberty, and on pace to set multiple school records.
July 22, 201016 yr Sounds like the Norse will be traveling to West Liberty on Dec. 11th. This will be a special moment for Corey Pelle who grew up 5 minutes from NKU. He has gone on to be an all region player at West Liberty, and on pace to set multiple school records. Pelle has had a great career at West Liberty and glad to see he will have an opportunity to play against NKU. NKU seems to have reloaded on the D1 transfers for next season. Not sure if they even signed a true freshmen other than Brady Jolly who initially was a a walk on.
July 22, 201016 yr NKU seems to have reloaded on the D1 transfers for next season. Not sure if they even signed a true freshmen other than Brady Jolly who initially was a a walk on. There usually aren't more than one or two since Bezold took over.
July 23, 201016 yr There usually aren't more than one or two since Bezold took over. NKU has become a destination school for the D1 transfers and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. I have said all along that Bezold is in a tough spot. Recruit local kids and lose and you lose your job. I am also of the opinion that having local kids on the roster does not increase attendance much past immediate family. I don't like the D1 transfers as it makes it tough for me to identify with the players. I didn't watch them in high school so I don't feel any connection. I go to 5-6 games per year and it is tough for me to say if I would go to more if they had more of a local flavor. I go because I am an alum and the basketball is of a pretty high quality. I think it is frustrating for local fans when you have a couple of local players who are being pretty heavily recruited from some smaller D1 programs and pretty good schools from the GLIAC and it doesn't appear NKU wants to get involved.
July 23, 201016 yr During my five year of college, I would only miss 1-2 home games a year. Loved watching the Norse play. I always felt connected to the transfers because I saw them on campus, saw them out (during the offseason), but I guess it was different for me because I was close to a guy on the team. I think I will still continue to try and go to a good amount of the games, since I'm working for the University. I do agree with you though, I dont' think that having local players would help with attendance outside of immediate family. I can understand the frustrating of local fans, but I would imagine that the majority of local players dont' neccessarily fit into the system that Bezold wants to play (big generalization). With saying that though look at the past couple of years (since I was in school)... Rasso - Boone County Finnel - Purcell Marian Hawkins - Finneytown Rack - Moeller McFarland - Boone County Bibbins - Holy Cross Lewin - Cov Cath Reinhardt - Campbell County Sorrell - Holy Cross Ryan - Holy Cross Van Hoose - Russell Faulker - Elliot County Stenger - St. X (OH) I mean, that is just off the top of my head and from looking at last year's roster. I am sure that there are more NKU players in the last 5-7 years that are from KY and the Greater Cincinnati area. Last year alone they had Last year alone they had 8 players from the Greater Cincinnati area or KY. 8 out of 13, what more could people as for? And, I will point out that last year they weren't as successful as they have been in the past. Edited July 23, 201016 yr by MJAlltheWay24
July 31, 201016 yr Dustin Maguire has decided to return for one more season. There is a former Nebraska player considering transferring to NKU.
August 3, 201016 yr Coach Pat Ryan retires after coaching 22 years. Former NKU player, Kevin Schappell (03-07) is added to the staff. http://nkunorse.com/news/2010/8/1/MBB_0801102705.aspx
August 3, 201016 yr During my five year of college, I would only miss 1-2 home games a year. Loved watching the Norse play. I always felt connected to the transfers because I saw them on campus, saw them out (during the offseason), but I guess it was different for me because I was close to a guy on the team. I think I will still continue to try and go to a good amount of the games, since I'm working for the University. I do agree with you though, I dont' think that having local players would help with attendance outside of immediate family. I can understand the frustrating of local fans, but I would imagine that the majority of local players dont' neccessarily fit into the system that Bezold wants to play (big generalization). With saying that though look at the past couple of years (since I was in school)... Rasso - Boone County Finnel - Purcell Marian Hawkins - Finneytown Rack - Moeller McFarland - Boone County Bibbins - Holy Cross Lewin - Cov Cath Reinhardt - Campbell County Sorrell - Holy Cross Ryan - Holy Cross Van Hoose - Russell Faulker - Elliot County Stenger - St. X (OH) I mean, that is just off the top of my head and from looking at last year's roster. I am sure that there are more NKU players in the last 5-7 years that are from KY and the Greater Cincinnati area. Last year alone they had Last year alone they had 8 players from the Greater Cincinnati area or KY. 8 out of 13, what more could people as for? And, I will point out that last year they weren't as successful as they have been in the past. NKU needs to go D1 or remain a non entitiy in the discussion of BIG TIME college sports. They have the enrollment and facilities, but not the commitment from the administration. Edited August 3, 201016 yr by History spelling
August 3, 201016 yr NKU needs to go D1 or remain a non entitiy in the discussion of BIG TIME college sports. They have the enrollment and facilities, but not the commitment from the administration. I wouldn't go as far to say that they don't have the commitment from the administration. I think they are committed, just not sure on their timeline. I do believe that they are going through a D-1 feasability study at the moment. And I also know that they need to add a few more sports. I honestly think it is smart how they are handling it. They have builty the BOK, a beautiful soccer complex, and I believe there are plans for a few other athletic complexes in the future as well. I would rather NKU take the jump slower and come in semi-competitive at the D-1 level than come in and be a bottom-feeder.
August 3, 201016 yr NKU needs to go D1 or remain a non entitiy in the discussion of BIG TIME college sports. They have the enrollment and facilities, but not the commitment from the administration. How much are the students/parents willing to pay in order to cover the tremendous costs to go D1?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.