Coaching Changes

HardcoreLB

Unless you heard that somewhere other than here, I believe that maybe Les Dixon stated they would probably have 3A numbers and i stated that would probably place them in the district with Bell, KC, Rock and so on

Cawood, Cland and Evarts enrollment of KHSAA website add up to 1488 which would put them around 400 over 3A. I cant see them being 3A. I think they are building the school to house 1800.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Nelson Co. was firing Mason...Does anyone know if this is true.

"And besides the whiskey, I think we'll require a little respect."

You don't need to come on here and start spreading rumors about someones livlihood. Mason is a good person and coach. Many of the things that happened at Nelson this year were out of his control.

Coach Mason will be back next season. He has 100% support from the administration and AD. He does it right and some kids aren't willing to put in what it takes to win in that region.

As far as under achieving. If you ask him, every team under achieves except those playing in December. The 04 team under achieved and defeated 2 top 10 4-A (Louisville Manuel and Louisville Butler) teams and lost to X, North Hardin (played X tough), Boyle Co, Bardstown (rivalry game minus 4 starters NC is 8-22 vs B-town), and Oldham Co in overtime.

The NC team in 05 had 4 kids in week 1 with ANY experience. I expect NC to get back to work soon and be ready to go next season.

I have been told by very reliable sources that Bourbon will be open. Who will have the courage to take on that job. Not even Dudley could fix that overnight. In no way am i speculating on this comment. I think the coach at Bourbon had very little to work with. :thumb:

You don't need to come on here and start spreading rumors about someones livlihood. Mason is a good person and coach. Many of the things that happened at Nelson this year were out of his control.

Wasn't trying too...I agree Mason is a great guy...Was told that by someone else. I personally think it would be a mistake to get rid of Coach Mason.

Coach Mason will be back next season. He has 100% support from the administration and AD. He does it right and some kids aren't willing to put in what it takes to win in that region.

As far as under achieving. If you ask him, every team under achieves except those playing in December. The 04 team under achieved and defeated 2 top 10 4-A (Louisville Manuel and Louisville Butler) teams and lost to X, North Hardin (played X tough), Boyle Co, Bardstown (rivalry game minus 4 starters NC is 8-22 vs B-town), and Oldham Co in overtime.

The NC team in 05 had 4 kids in week 1 with ANY experience. I expect NC to get back to work soon and be ready to go next season.

Hopefully things will get back on track in '06. I know no one will work harder than Coach Mason.

Guest kybigguy42

It looks to me like Bourbon County's program was totally gutted by the previous coaching staff. Their current leadership deserves a chance to turn things around in my opinion. With the way things have gone there the last two years I think they would be hard pressed to find anyone willing to take the job. My heart goes out to their coaches and players.

I've answered this numerous times but no one seems to believe me.

Harlan County High School would have about 1,400 students if it opened today. It would have to drop below 1,100 to be close to a 3A school, so it will be 4A, at least for a few years.

Construction hasn't started on the new school yet. It is scheduled to open in the fall of 2007, but it could take another year.

Yeah, why would Berea be open again. I saw them play this year and they looked pretty good, numbers game had alot to do with the fact that they may not have as many wins under their belt. They have a decent amount of kids coming from the middle school and will be better in years to come. Rome wasn't built in a day and given time Coach Mills will have them winning.

Yeah, why would Berea be open again. I saw them play this year and they looked pretty good, numbers game had alot to do with the fact that they may not have as many wins under their belt. They have a decent amount of kids coming from the middle school and will be better in years to come. Rome wasn't built in a day and given time Coach Mills will have them winning.

I agree--Coach Mills is taking the right steps w/ those young men.....but I heard that the job was going to be open(again). If this was true I would be amazed that the administration would actuallt do such a thing.