If You're the Reds..

Do you start trying to trade for Cliff Lee? The Mariners are 11.5 games back and the probability of Lee getting dealt again is pretty high, I assume. He's only making $9 million this year and when you look at Bronson and Harang making over $11 million each, who's contract would you rather have? Not that the Mariners would want a salary like Harang's since he's clearly not as good of a pitcher as Lee, but what COULD the Reds give up if they wanted Lee.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a player like Cliff Lee would make a team like the Reds a legitimate contender to make the World Series. He is a great pitcher but it also depends on who the Reds would have to part with. I am a huge fan of Cliff Lee and would give us that starter we could count on to close out series in the playoffs. I don't see that type of pitcher on the Reds staff right now. Right now I guess Bronson would be our game 7 starter, I know I am very optimistic and looking way off in the future. But Cliff Lee makes us better than the Cardinals current roster no doubt about it.

I think the Reds starting rotation is just fine the way it is. Sure, Cliff Lee is better than anyone they have, but why trade their top prospects for a one-year rental

I wouldn't give up either of those guys for Lee. I would at least give the Mariners a call and see you know. Then decide.

I think the Reds starting rotation is just fine the way it is. Sure, Cliff Lee is better than anyone they have, but why trade their top prospects for a one-year rental

B/c this might be the best chance they have at making the playoffs in the next decade. Lee gives you a guy that matches up w/ everyone for game 1 of a playoff series if they happen to be lucky enough to make it there.

B/c this might be the best chance they have at making the playoffs in the next decade. Lee gives you a guy that matches up w/ everyone for game 1 of a playoff series if they happen to be lucky enough to make it there.

Okay so who would you trade? Just wondering... Mariners are not going to give him away for free, especially with the Yankees, Red Sox, etc probably inquiring about Lee as well

Okay so who would you trade? Just wondering... Mariners are not going to give him away for free, especially with the Yankees, Red Sox, etc probably inquiring about Lee as well

I have no idea who they would want. I'm just telling you why they would/should do it for the right pieces that the Reds feel they can afford to get rid of.

That's what I was thinking but we would have to give up a boatload of talent.

Probablly have to give up Yonder and two or three more prospects. Maybe we could try and send Masset and Herrara with him since everyone hates them hahaha. But really who knows what the Mariners would want when they look at the minor league system.

Can he pitch a scoreless 6th and/or 7th each night? If not, no thanks. I'll take our current starters, with the addition of EV, and I'll pay some money to a bullpen guy, not a starter.

He has the potential to pitch a scoreless 1 through 9th inning every time he steps on the mound.