Vacation Recommendations for St. Louis

20/20Hindsight

My family and I are headed to St. Louis for a family vacation. Other than some of the standard sights, what else should we check out? Already on the agenda are: a Cardinals game, Anheuser-Busch tour, Six Flags, the science Museum, the Zoo, and of course The Arch.

What are some other sights that we should check out? As an FYI, we'll have two children traveling with us. Also, what restaurants do you recommend?

Thanks!

20/20

You should stop by GCS Ballpark in Sauget, Ill., for a Gateway Grizzlies baseball game if they are in town. They're one of, if not, the best run organizations in the Frontier League...if you've seen Man vs. Food, you may remember GCS Ballpark as the location of Baseball's Best Burger...its a bacon cheeseburger but instead of the traditional bun, they use a Krispy Kreme doughnut cut in half as the bun...lol. Sounds kinda gross but many swear by it. Also try Baseball's Best Nachos...tri-colored nacho chips with all the regular fixins but add on philly cheesesteak meat and onions.

Get ice cream at Ted Drew's.

I can't think of the farm but I think the Busch family might own it and its free and great for kids.

Great italian food section of St Louis called "the Hill."

Agree with all three! Zia's on the hill is very good and not expensive. I special order cases of their sweet oil and vinegar italian salad dressing. Ted Drewe's frozen custard is fabulous. Bud tour is free and you get some free bevys at the end.

The City Museum is great for the kids and even the adults. It is a buidling that is basically a huge playground. It has slides that go from floor to floor. Tunnels and caves. It is a great place to go.

Here is the link: http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp

Very cool. I know my four year old niece would love that! For that matter, I think I would love that place. :D

Just got back from there. About four hours from Louisville, and didn't see hardly any troopers. Union Station, is a small mall but lots of fun. We went for a wedding and couldn't really do anything. Do not go to East St. Louis.

J Bucks is great! As Bama Larry said, STAY AWAY FROM East St Louis!

I would reccomend Grant's Farm. It was a great place to visit. It's where the Clydedale's are housed. They may have restricted some of the access to the horses, since the nut job shot some of them a few year's back. They also have complimentary Busch/Budweiser etc refreshments at Bauerhoff area.

Also for a quick meal Lion's Choice roast beef Sandwiches are fantastic. Real roast beaf and a variety of tasty side dishes. Not necessarily a destination spot, but for a quick lunch that the kids and adults will enjoy, I highly reccomend it.

Very cool. I know my four year old niece would love that! For that matter, I think I would love that place. :D

Yes my wife and I both have fun as well there.

Also, the Magic House is great for kids as well. My 7 year old has been going there for the last 4 years and wants to go again this year.

http://www.magichouse.org/

She will play all day there if we would let her. We usually take a lunch with us and eat there as well.

Grant's farms is very good as well. Free admission. You have to pay to park.

I can't think of the farm but I think the Busch family might own it and its free and great for kids.

"

I would reccomend Grant's Farm. Also for a quick meal Lion's Choice roast beef Sandwiches are fantastic. Real roast beaf and a variety of tasty side dishes. Not necessarily a destination spot, but for a quick lunch that the kids and adults will enjoy, I highly reccomend it.

That's the place.

Do NOT eat Imo's Pizza. It's terrible.

Just had it last weekend. I concur.

St. Louis is known for their own distinct type pizza. Maybe Imo's was not the route I should have taken, but St. Louis needs to stick to beer production.