Simon Kenton Basketball Camp June 1-3

I was at this game also it seemed like Holmes coaches were bellyaching a lot to the refs about every little call. It was almost like they couldn't believe that tiny Gallatin could stay with them. Other than that it was a great game with tons of action and drama from a summer game. I can't make it today but I would like to be there yesterday there was a lot of action and all for only 3 bucks.

I was at this game also it seemed like Holmes coaches were bellyaching a lot to the refs about every little call. It was almost like they couldn't believe that tiny Gallatin could stay with them. Other than that it was a great game with tons of action and drama from a summer game. I can't make it today but I would like to be there yesterday there was a lot of action and all for only 3 bucks.

You are correct, the Holmes coach cried about alot of calls. Don't think he liked the physicallity of the game and his team being out hustled by the smaller Gallatin team. Gallatin played their hearts out. I was impressed.

You are correct, the Holmes coach cried about alot of calls. Don't think he liked the physicallity of the game and his team being out hustled by the smaller Gallatin team. Gallatin played their hearts out. I was impressed.

So Booher was already Boo Hooing !! LOL

Booher better get used to the physicality of the 9th region or he'll be doing a lot of whining to the refs this year.

Outside of the coach bellyaching, who stood out for Holmes and how did they look? I'm particularly interested in hearing how Hayes, Dontel Rice, and Kevon Rice did?

Hopefully no one reads too much into summer ball because it typically is not a good indicator of how a team will perform in the regular season.

I agree. Last summer, Scott Co beat GRC by 30+. Regular season they won by 3. We had kids missing and our coach used this time to use lots of different combinations, to prepare for real game situtation this coming season if a player is hurt, sick or foul trouble.

I watched us play Henry Clay last night. First quarter was all GRC. 2nd quarter was JV, favor of HC. 3rd quarter, didn't start all starters but worked with different combinations, GRC but not by much. Last quarter, JV again, it was close, not sure who won that one. Some coaches use these games to develope the younger kids and as a learning tool. That is summer ball.