Coach TJ Maynard named new Raceland Rams Head Coach

At a meeting at Raceland-Worthington High School yesterday afternoon, TJ Maynard was named the successor to recently resigned Randy Vanderhoof. I spoke to Coach Maynard shortly after his meeting and he and the staff are excited to get things started.

"It's A Great Day To Be A Ram!!!!!

Congratulations to Coach Maynard & the Rams. Good job by the Raceland administration in how they handled this. They know how to support a football program and didn't mess around or mess up this transition.

Coach Maynard is an outstanding person and football coach. He is also a good friend. Best of luck to the Rams.

This transition has been, literally, years in the making. Hats off the the Administration for thinking ahead and keeping our program ran smoothly. Like others have said, it will be an easy transition and hopefully no one will miss a beat.

Congratulations to Coach Maynard, I'm looking forward to his "Long" career at Raceland and I know he will put his all in to making Raceland the best program it can be.

Ask and you shall receive doc:

As expected, Maynard takes reins for Rams

Raceland promotes assistant to head football coach

Mark Maynard The Independent

RACELAND —

Raceland’s coaching handoff should make for a smooth transition. T.J. Maynard, who had a hearty endorsement from former Ram coach Randy Vanderhoof, was named the head coach on Saturday.

Maynard, 40, has been the defensive coordinator and essentially an associate head coach for the past five years. He’s looking forward to taking over the reins of the Class A school.

“I think it’s one of the better jobs in the area,” Maynard said. “The community takes a lot of pride in football. One thing I’ve found since I’ve gotten here is they want all aspects of the school to be successful from academics to sports.”

Link