Softball City Hall of Fame

TAC

Yesterday Knights softball complex in Taylor mill (formally softball city) held an inaugural hall of fame induction ceremony. They honored several outstanding contributors to softball in the Northern Ky area. I'm going to try to list all of them, but pardon if I misspell a name or leave some one off. It was a great tribute and all of the new members should feel very honored!

The Dixons (4 of them-founders of the park)

Chicken man Tuttle (coach)

Mike Belew (Coach)

Mr. Hankinson

Gary Schwalbach (coach)

Euchle (umpire)

Herbie ? (umpire)

Trame (not sure which one)

Chuck cheese ball Johns

Mike Lafever

Billy Brown

Mark Pompilio

Tim Barker

Brian BB Neihaus

One of the original caretakers of the park, I remembered him, but not his name.

It was great to see a lot of the old timers yesterday. So many great people and great memories. Rodney Sexton is now running the park and hopes to make this an annual event that will eventually include all of the fine athletes that roamed the softball scene from years past.

Chicken Man was my first base coach the last 2 summers. He is a character.

He was my first base coach about 15 years ago! He may have coached 90% of all soft ballers ever to play.

Yesterday Knights softball complex in Taylor mill (formally softball city) held an inaugural hall of fame induction ceremony. They honored several outstanding contributors to softball in the Northern Ky area. I'm going to try to list all of them, but pardon if I misspell a name or leave some one off. It was a great tribute and all of the new members should feel very honored!

The Dixons (4 of them-founders of the park)

Chicken man Tuttle (coach)

Mike Belew (Coach)

Mr. Hankinson

Gary Schwalbach (coach)

Euchle (umpire)

Herbie ? (umpire)

Trame (not sure which one)

Chuck cheese ball Johns

Mike Lafever

Billy Brown

Mark Pompilio

Tim Barker

Brian BB Neihaus

One of the original caretakers of the park, I remembered him, but not his name.

It was great to see a lot of the old timers yesterday. So many great people and great memories. Rodney Sexton is now running the park and hopes to make this an annual event that will eventually include all of the fine athletes that roamed the softball scene from years past.

Heyyyyyyyyy Buddy!!!!!!

No ETP13......LOL!!!!! He has to be sick he didn't make the list...

I know a list he would of been the first voted in....LOL!!!

I cannot believe that he did not make it either. He was definitely one of the best to ever play the game, all you had to do was ask him. What about Bob "Kid" Gesenhues and Tim Nickell? Heck I am not sure why the Beerwolf is not on this list as well. Many a wing and beer he put away in the day between games.

I cannot believe that he did not make it either. He was definitely one of the best to ever play the game, all you had to do was ask him. What about Bob "Kid" Gesenhues and Tim Nickell? Heck I am not sure why the Beerwolf is not on this list as well. Many a wing and beer he put away in the day between games.

You mean Timmy(The Hit King)Barth.....

He is another one that would tell you that no one could out hit him....

ETP 13 was on site for the event too. He was playing in the tournament they were hosting. Not sure how many games he played there, but I think they did a good job inducting those that were always there at the park. How about Flake, John Keathley, Moon and/or his brother (both were there), Gary Studder, Dave McDaniel to name a few? And not to forget--where were the ladies?

Wow! Memories, playing 7 nights a week during those great summers. Use to love all those qualifiers and state tourneys. Some great battles between old (Randolph / Hosea / Ft Thomas guys) vs (Florida Tan / Rumors / Pomps / Newport guys). There were some athletes on those teams.

You mean Timmy(The Hit King)Barth.....

He is another one that would tell you that no one could out hit him....

I worked with a Tim Barth from Ft. Thomas at Delta, would this be the same guy?