Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track...Dixie tune up

Featured Replies

2010 Dixie Track tune up meet 151.jpg

Ben Bessler clearing 6'6"

2010 Dixie Track tune up meet 122.jpg

2010 Dixie Track tune up meet 056.jpg

2010 Dixie Track tune up meet 121.jpg

2010 Dixie Track tune up meet 155.jpg

Mr Bessler is quite the stud. Two time state champ. He is such an efficient jumper. Oh, and he's a really nice guy. Go, Bennie go.

Oh and Campbell County came in first for both boys and girls teams. Very impressive performance. They have two very stong teams. They are very well coached and it shows. Their runners, even some of the 'B' relay teams they fielded today had some very smooth strides.

 

I saw four very impressive performances today:

 

1) Cooper's 4x400 boy's team. Very strong.

2) CovCath's 4x100 team. Great effort, smooth hand-offs

3) Mr. Bessler, of course

4) Simon Kenton's heavy weight 4x100 team. Their big guys were putting on a show. Nice speed for the big guys.

 

Bonus performance pick: The young lady who ran the 3200 for Llyod was impressive too.

 

All in all a great day for NKY Track and Fiield.

Oh and Campbell County came in first for both boys and girls teams. Very impressive performance. They have two very stong teams. They are very well coached and it shows. Their runners, even some of the 'B' relay teams they fielded today had some very smooth strides.

 

I saw four very impressive performances today:

 

1) Cooper's 4x400 boy's team. Very strong.

2) CovCath's 4x100 team. Great effort, smooth hand-offs

3) Mr. Bessler, of course

4) Simon Kenton's heavy weight 4x100 team. Their big guys were putting on a show. Nice speed for the big guys.

 

Bonus performance pick: The young lady who ran the 3200 for Llyod was impressive too.

 

All in all a great day for NKY Track and Fiield.

 

Always interesting when a meet offers big-man events outside the throws.:thumb:

Oh and Campbell County came in first for both boys and girls teams. Very impressive performance. They have two very stong teams. They are very well coached and it shows. Their runners, even some of the 'B' relay teams they fielded today had some very smooth strides.

 

I saw four very impressive performances today:

 

1) Cooper's 4x400 boy's team. Very strong.

2) CovCath's 4x100 team. Great effort, smooth hand-offs

3) Mr. Bessler, of course

4) Simon Kenton's heavy weight 4x100 team. Their big guys were putting on a show. Nice speed for the big guys.

 

Bonus performance pick: The young lady who ran the 3200 for Llyod was impressive too.

 

All in all a great day for NKY Track and Fiield.

 

 

Campbell County was very impressive.

 

My bonus performance pick: The young lady from Campbell Co. (do not know her name) who won the 200 was particularly impressive. I understand she is a junior. She ran like lightening and it looked so effortless. No doubt she has colleges looking at her already.

  • Author

For the record, I think the picture I posted of Bessler was the near miss at 6' 8" instead of his successful 6'6" jump.

Oh and Campbell County came in first for both boys and girls teams. Very impressive performance. They have two very stong teams. They are very well coached and it shows. Their runners, even some of the 'B' relay teams they fielded today had some very smooth strides.

 

I saw four very impressive performances today:

 

1) Cooper's 4x400 boy's team. Very strong.

2) CovCath's 4x100 team. Great effort, smooth hand-offs

3) Mr. Bessler, of course

4) Simon Kenton's heavy weight 4x100 team. Their big guys were putting on a show. Nice speed for the big guys.

 

Bonus performance pick: The young lady who ran the 3200 for Llyod was impressive too.

 

All in all a great day for NKY Track and Fiield.

 

Scout - not to take anything away from Campbell county, but in looking at the final results, it appears that Cov Cath did not run guys in some events that they normally do. Any idea why?

Campbell County was very impressive.

 

My bonus performance pick: The young lady from Campbell Co. (do not know her name) who won the 200 was particularly impressive. I understand she is a junior. She ran like lightening and it looked so effortless. No doubt she has colleges looking at her already.

 

Anna Carrigan. Also won the 400m and anchored the winning 4x200 and 4x400 teams. Very impressive. She is the defending state champion in the 400m.

Is there anywhere I can go to see all of the results from each event? The paper didn't have them.

Scout - not to take anything away from Campbell county, but in looking at the final results, it appears that Cov Cath did not run guys in some events that they normally do. Any idea why?

 

KL: I know some young men are still nursing injuries, but I have no idea why a complete team was not fielded. I heard some raise this question at the track.

 

I have to say, however, I don't think it would have made a difference on Saturday. I don't think CovCath could have made up the 11 point defict. Maschinott jumping would have helped. I just hope he's back for Regionals

Anna Carrigan. Also won the 400m and anchored the winning 4x200 and 4x400 teams. Very impressive. She is the defending state champion in the 400m.

 

Good to hear from you! I guess those boys are keeping you pretty busy. Hope mama is doing ok.

 

I saw Anna in the 4 x 200 as well. Awesome athlete!

Scout - not to take anything away from Campbell county, but in looking at the final results, it appears that Cov Cath did not run guys in some events that they normally do. Any idea why?

 

Cov Cath did this meet only for guys who wanted to improve on their times before regional..They only brought about 10 guys who did some individual events to try and get better seed times for regional. They also didn't even bring their distance squad. After looking at the final results, they would have won by at least 30 had they brought the team.

KL: I know some young men are still nursing injuries, but I have no idea why a complete team was not fielded. I heard some raise this question at the track.

 

I have to say, however, I don't think it would have made a difference on Saturday. I don't think CovCath could have made up the 11 point defict. Maschinott jumping would have helped. I just hope he's back for Regionals

 

Cov Cath did this meet only for guys who wanted to improve on their times before regional..They only brought about 10 guys who did some individual events to try and get better seed times for regional. They also didn't even bring their distance squad. After looking at the final results, they would have won by at least 30 had they brought the team.

 

 

It did seem like they did not have many guys, and except for the 4X100, did not appear to run in many relays/ Kind of surprising to me I guess. Seems like last year a full Squad participated. What is up with Mash? Seems like I have not seen him jump in some time, but he does run in the relays.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.