Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track...Dixie tune up

Featured Replies

Covcath only did one relay and that was their 4x100 team because they wanted a better time. Last year they did the same thing and only brought the guys that wanted to improve their seeding times. And Mash hurt is ankle back at Donnie Carnes which still hurts him. He sucks it up and runs on it but jumping is still an issue. Hopefully he can get it healthy by regional.

Covcath only did one relay and that was their 4x100 team because they wanted a better time. Last year they did the same thing and only brought the guys that wanted to improve their seeding times. And Mash hurt is ankle back at Donnie Carnes which still hurts him. He sucks it up and runs on it but jumping is still an issue. Hopefully he can get it healthy by regional.

 

Thanks. Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember Coach doing the same thing last year at this tune-up meet. Doesn't have much time to get healthy now. I hope he is able to as well.

Covcath only did one relay and that was their 4x100 team because they wanted a better time. Last year they did the same thing and only brought the guys that wanted to improve their seeding times. And Mash hurt is ankle back at Donnie Carnes which still hurts him. He sucks it up and runs on it but jumping is still an issue. Hopefully he can get it healthy by regional.

That's too bad. Connor seems to be having a lot of injuries this year. Didn't he miss a good portion of the bball season as well? Was that the same ankle he is having issues with now?

 

Connor is a fantastic natural athlete. He could have played soccer and baseball with much success as well. Hopefully he dedicates himself to a great training regiment during the summer and fall. He needs some quality time in the weight room to help strengthen his body to take his God given ability to the next level.

 

I hope he is healthy enough to both run and Jump in the regionals. CovCath will really need his LJ points to make another run at state.

That's too bad. Connor seems to be having a lot of injuries this year. Didn't he miss a good portion of the bball season as well? Was that the same ankle he is having issues with now?

 

Connor is a fantastic natural athlete. He could have played soccer and baseball with much success as well. Hopefully he dedicates himself to a great training regiment during the summer and fall. He needs some quality time in the weight room to help strengthen his body to take his God given ability to the next level.

 

I hope he is healthy enough to both run and Jump in the regionals. CovCath will really need his LJ points to make another run at state.

 

 

I am not sure if the same one. He did miss time in basketball as well, but it also seemd like even when healthy he did not get much playing time, so probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. It is funny you mention the bolded part - I have heard his dad say that if he picked one sport to play, it would be by far his best sport. He used to play evidently and even though he is right handed, he kicks a ball with his left foot. With his speed and being able to kick with power using his left foot - lots of potential.

 

As far as region and state - I agree that they would like to have his points. With the way Bowdy is jumping lately would be like last year when it was Mash and Hush. I did see the roster being submitted for Regionals, and Mash's name is there for LJ - hopefully he will be able to get at least one qualifying jump in for State!

  • Author

I realize Connor is hurt but when you see him run and jump it is hard to imagine it hampers him. He is very impressive even at his reduced level. Put another way he is a joy to watch fly by.

I realize Connor is hurt but when you see him run and jump it is hard to imagine it hampers him. He is very impressive even at his reduced level. Put another way he is a joy to watch fly by.

 

I agree it is fun to watch him as in looking at him standing still, I would not expect neither the quickness nor the jumping abillity that he has. I was told by his mom that the Dr had sa said he has inflamation in his achilles and irratated the bone back where the achilles goes thru. She said he hurt when he landed on his one jump at the Donnie Carnes meet. Evidently it does not hurt him as much when he runs, but when he landed on a jump attempt a while back, it hurt really bad. I had heard he really wants to have a good finish to his Jr year as it will be the one that gets more notice by Colleges. So, again I expect him to do what it takes.

I am not sure if the same one. He did miss time in basketball as well, but it also seemd like even when healthy he did not get much playing time, so probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. It is funny you mention the bolded part - I have heard his dad say that if he picked one sport to play, it would be by far his best sport. He used to play evidently and even though he is right handed, he kicks a ball with his left foot. With his speed and being able to kick with power using his left foot - lots of potential.

 

As far as region and state - I agree that they would like to have his points. With the way Bowdy is jumping lately would be like last year when it was Mash and Hush. I did see the roster being submitted for Regionals, and Mash's name is there for LJ - hopefully he will be able to get at least one qualifying jump in for State!

Definitely a special athlete. Football is probably the only sport I can not see Connor excelling at. Not sure he could take the physical pounding.

 

If he can get healthy for the LJ, and Bowdy Jumps like he has, add Connelly and Ruh in the High Jump and CovCath has another solid block of points. Add in Erpenbeck, and an oncoming Deglow and I think you are going to have a very exciting state tourn in 2a Track and field.

Definitely a special athlete. Football is probably the only sport I can not see Connor excelling at. Not sure he could take the physical pounding.

 

If he can get healthy for the LJ, and Bowdy Jumps like he has, add Connelly and Ruh in the High Jump and CovCath has another solid block of points. Add in Erpenbeck, and an oncoming Deglow and I think you are going to have a very exciting state tourn in 2a Track and field.

 

I agree with you there. The guys are improving it seems each time out, and it does look like we could possibly get more points from the field events than last year. I think we will get some points from the sprints and relayes, but I am not so sure about distance. We will see, and as you say, it will be exciting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.