Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 1 Covington Holy Cross 0

Featured Replies

 

 

Pee Wee's Place Offensive play of the game: Top of the first and CovCath is at bat. Reese goes 6-3 for the first out. Warning gets on via a single and Klein walks on five pitches. Men on first and second and one out. Stayton at the plate and hits a rope for a double scoring Nienaber who was CR for Warning for a run and game winning run.

 

TOG - I usually agree with your scoring but I had an E4 on the ball that Warning hit in the first. I think the 2B would agree with me. It was hit hard but the 2B was in front of it and simply let it "play him."

  • Replies 77
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the last two weeks have shown me is that the 35th is wide open.

  • Author
TOG - I usually agree with your scoring but I had an E4 on the ball that Warning hit in the first. I think the 2B would agree with me. It was hit hard but the 2B was in front of it and simply let it "play him."

 

The ball indeed was hit very hard and IMO took a nasty skip hop on the young man. Won't argue with your call, but...:idunno::walk:

The ball indeed was hit very hard and IMO took a nasty skip hop on the young man. Won't argue with your call, but...:idunno::walk:

 

Get the big hop!

Cov Holy Cross Pitching

 

Nick Ritter (L) 90 pitches 29 PA 1 run 1 earned run 8 hits and 1 walk

 

Outstanding job tonight by Ritter. Congrats young man.

 

Holy Cross Hitting:

 

Kohake 3 PA 1 hit

Broering 3 PA 2 hits

Roenker 3 PA 1 walk

Tiberi 3 PA 1 hit (double)

Egan 3 PA 1 K

Callery 3 PA 1 k

Ritter 3 PA 2 hits (double)

Guidugli 3 PA 1 hit

Jasper 2 PA

 

I guess I'm in the small percentile that disagrees with this.. Oh well.

Guess this means Dixie will see Gerwe tomorrow. Ill have to make it to that game after my sons freshman tourney game at Ryle.

  • Author
I guess I'm in the small percentile that disagrees with this.. Oh well.

 

 

So post your own stats of the games and summaries of the games. Might be fun to read.

So post your own stats of the games and summaries of the games. Might be fun to read.

 

Just making an observation.

In all honestly i think Beechwood has a better chance in beating Covcath than HC.

 

Why?

Guess this means Dixie will see Gerwe tomorrow. Ill have to make it to that game after my sons freshman tourney game at Ryle.

I believe I heard that Brueggeman (sp) is on the hill for tommorows game at Dixie.

I guess it depends on what you rule Warning's first at bat: an error or a hit. If error, obviously unearned run, if hit then earned run.

  • Author
Just making an observation.

 

Honestly, instead of getting on me about it being an error or hit, why not comment on the attempted steal of second base with a runner on third with only one out and the runner trying to go from 1st to home on the double!

 

Seems that is what most behind me in red/black were upset about after the game. Surely being upset whether I called the play an error or hit, wasn't as big as the two plays I just mentioned.

 

Your thoughts on those plays as a HC fan?

Warnings 1st AB was an error IMO. I wouldn't say the ball was hit hard. It took a big hop and the 2nd baseman waited for the bounce instead of charging and the ball skipped by him. Now Broering made some great plays after that, but I'm not sure how that is anything but an error.

  • Author
Warnings 1st AB was an error IMO. I wouldn't say the ball was hit hard. It took a big hop and the 2nd baseman waited for the bounce instead of charging and the ball skipped by him. Now Broering made some great plays after that, but I'm not sure how that is anything but an error.

 

 

I dully noted the one play (CovCath 2nd inning) that he turned the DP on! Huge play at the time!

Many showed up to tonight's titanic struggle, as Mieken was packed. A great overall game that showcased two outstanding pitchers battle. It was the arm of Adam Warning though that out dueled Nick Ritter, along with the bat of Stayten and great overall defense by the boys in blue. HC needs to keep their heads up though, they played a heck of a game and a break here or there and they win.

 

Snow Castle Offensive play of the game: Brett Stayton comes up with 1 out and men on first and second. Gets a fastball from Ritter and crushes a double to plate the 1st and only run of the game. Huge hit by the senior.

 

http://Loftus Plastic Surgery Center Defensive play of the game: HC batting in the bottom of the 5th with a man on second, Adam "12-6" Warning dealing to Justin Kohake. Kohake rips one up the middle, but Warning sticks his hand out there and knocks the ball down, and makes the play at 1st, inning over. If Warning doesn't make that play, tie ball game, great play Warning.

 

http://Bone Fish Grill bone head play of the game: As TOG eluded to earlier it has to be the base running of HC. In the Bottom of the 2nd, men on first and third, one out. HC attempts to steal 2nd only to be canned at the mercy of CCH catcher Matt Klein, leaving a man on third, two out. Jasper, the young man hitting, proceeds to hit a fly ball to center which would have scored the runner on 3rd easily. In the Bottom of the 6th, Blake Tiberi rips a double to deep right-center, Broering on 1st is waved all the way home to be canned, at the mercy of a great rely from Logan Seimer, by 20 feet. Instead on 2nd and 3rd one out, man on 2nd two out. Two huge plays that really impacted this game.

 

Overall though it was the Colonels that won this game. They deserved to win, great game. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.