Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 1 Covington Holy Cross 0

Featured Replies

  • Replies 77
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To Spartan. Sorry to tell you that you are wrong. Official scorers do have the right to assume in a reconstruction.

 

But you can't assume that a guy will score from 1st on a double. Then again if you're scoring for your beloved CCH, then you can ASSUME all you want. Who cares. Just as long as you pad the stats. Guarantee if you were HC scorekeeper, it would be scored an unearned run.

I'm not a CCH fan as all probably know; however, Isler was definitely a more dominant pitcher. He not only had a great fastball that he could place anywhere but he also could pinpoint his change and curve. Smallwood is capable of placing his fastball but has zero offspeed pitches. Another point, Isler went D1 to UC, Smallwood went D2 or D3 (whatever Moorehead is). Isler also pitched against much better competition. Smallwood is the best this year in the 9th but if Isler was still eligible, it would be a no brainer.

I am not so sure. Let the season play out. Baseball is a team game, not an individual competition like Tennis. While UC is nice-let's see how his career plays out there. CCH did not win the region his Senior year-now I am not saying it was Isler's fault. Smallwood and Dixie still have a chance to win the region this year. Morehead State is a d-1 school, and has produced major league pitchers Walt Terrell and Drew Hall just to mention a couple. I can't think of any recent UC pitchers as of late that have reached the majors-yes i know-Sandy Koufax, but that has been a while.

I'm not a CCH fan as all probably know; however, Isler was definitely a more dominant pitcher. He not only had a great fastball that he could place anywhere but he also could pinpoint his change and curve. Smallwood is capable of placing his fastball but has zero offspeed pitches. Another point, Isler went D1 to UC, Smallwood went D2 or D3 (whatever Moorehead is). Isler also pitched against much better competition. Smallwood is the best this year in the 9th but if Isler was still eligible, it would be a no brainer.

 

A few things:

1. Like History said, Morehead is a D1 school.

2. Smallwood does have offspeed pitches.

3. Smallwood has pitched against good competition as well. And has done so well enough to be 8-0 with a 1.43 ERA and 88 K's.

  • Author

Smallwood is a very good and solid pitcher, but honestly he isn't close to Isler and that is my opinion from watching both pitch for the Ky Colonels and not their HS teams!

 

Funny but when I ask who Smallwood had beaten, I was just curious and gave no thought about him being a weak pitcher, as I had seen him throw for Walt and the Ky Colonels and understood he can be tough to hit.

 

Seems plenty are far too fast to judge or seem to want to read more than what is written in a question.

I'm just wondering what all this Smallwood/Isler talk has to do with this thread!

I am not so sure. Let the season play out. Baseball is a team game, not an individual competition like Tennis. While UC is nice-let's see how his career plays out there. CCH did not win the region his Senior year-now I am not saying it was Isler's fault. Smallwood and Dixie still have a chance to win the region this year. Morehead State is a d-1 school, and has produced major league pitchers Walt Terrell and Drew Hall just to mention a couple. I can't think of any recent UC pitchers as of late that have reached the majors-yes i know-Sandy Koufax, but that has been a while.

 

I think the "winning the region" line is irrelevant to the discussion.

 

Didn't the big tall closer Rauch(?) come from Morehead?

I'm not a CCH fan as all probably know;.

 

Crystal clear on that one.:lol:

I'm just wondering what all this Smallwood/Isler talk has to do with this thread!

 

Somewhere along the way I made the comment that the 9th does not have any "great" pitchers this year. Someone disagreed.

Smallwood is a very good and solid pitcher, but honestly he isn't close to Isler and that is my opinion from watching both pitch for the Ky Colonels and not their HS teams!

 

Funny but when I ask who Smallwood had beaten, I was just curious and gave no thought about him being a weak pitcher, as I had seen him throw for Walt and the Ky Colonels and understood he can be tough to hit.

 

Seems plenty are far too fast to judge or seem to want to read more than what is written in a question.

 

:D No one ever will be......

I'm not a CCH fan as all probably know; however, Isler was definitely a more dominant pitcher. He not only had a great fastball that he could place anywhere but he also could pinpoint his change and curve. Smallwood is capable of placing his fastball but has zero offspeed pitches. Another point, Isler went D1 to UC, Smallwood went D2 or D3 (whatever Moorehead is). Isler also pitched against much better competition. Smallwood is the best this year in the 9th but if Isler was still eligible, it would be a no brainer.

 

Against better competiton Smallwood has and will use his offspeed. Against Southern I recall him using plenty offspeed. Why use offspeed if its not needed because nobody through the lineup can hit the fastball? Like against Cov Cath Friday, 11 K's.

Against better competiton Smallwood has and will use his offspeed. Against Southern I recall him using plenty offspeed. Why use offspeed if its not needed because nobody through the lineup can hit the fastball? Like against Cov Cath Friday, 11 K's.

 

I've seen him in 4 different appearances and the off speed stuff he threw wasn't very good.

I've seen him in 4 different appearances and the off speed stuff he threw wasn't very good.

 

Who did you see him against?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.