Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 1 Covington Holy Cross 0

Featured Replies

  • Author
I actually made it there last night and it definitely was a good one to watch.

 

And you didn't stop by to say HI.... :idunno:

  • Replies 77
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Klein had the ball in his hand and was waiting for the runner to get to him, so he could tag him out.

 

Picture courteous of Don Martin.

CovCath vs Holy Cross 5.13.10 (District Seeding Game) 202.jpg

To Spartan. Sorry to tell you that you are wrong. Official scorers do have the right to assume in a reconstruction.

I agree. However, there are no "great" pitchers in the 9th this year. "Very good" to "pretty good."

 

The 9th first round is May 31st. Next round isn't until June 4th. Even if the winning pitcher goes 7 on May 31st he can start and pitch again on the 4th.

Brice Smallwoods Pitching Statistics.

 

Pitching App Games Wins Losses ER ERA Hits BB IP Runs K Saves

10 10 8 0 9 1.43 13 22 44.0 11 88 0

 

 

Your totally right. There isnt a great pitcher in the 9th. :laugh:

  • Author
Brice Smallwoods Pitching Statistics.

 

Pitching App Games Wins Losses ER ERA Hits BB IP Runs K Saves

10 10 8 0 9 1.43 13 22 44.0 11 88 0

 

 

Your totally right. There isnt a great pitcher in the 9th. :laugh:

 

Could you please tell me who those 10 Wins were against?

Brice Smallwoods Pitching Statistics.

 

Pitching App Games Wins Losses ER ERA Hits BB IP Runs K Saves

10 10 8 0 9 1.43 13 22 44.0 11 88 0

 

 

Your totally right. There isnt a great pitcher in the 9th. :laugh:

 

He's the best pitcher in the 9th. No question. I guess "great" is in the eye of the beholder.

Could you please tell me who those 10 Wins were against?

 

Well it says he has 8 wins for one. Its just not all lined up. And for two, was Zach Isler a "great" pitcher? Because if you look at Smallwoods stats as of right now and Islers stats from last year, Smallwood actually has better numbers. I know its not always about numbers but ill just throw them out there.

 

Zach Isler

App- 11 Games- 11 Wins-11 Losses-0 ER-11 ERA-1.29 Hits-39 BB-8 IP-63.0 Runs-12 K's-70 Saves-0

 

Brice Smallwood

App- 10 Games-10 Wins- 8 Losses- 0 ER- 9 ERA- 1.43 Hits- 13 BB- 22 IP- 44.0 Runs- 11 K's- 88 Saves-0

 

So now tell me who's stats look better? I know all the Cov Cath fans on here will say its not always about the stats but these particular stats between a "Great" pitcher and a "pretty good" pitcher gives the nod to the "pretty good" pitcher if you ask me.

He's the best pitcher in the 9th. No question. I guess "great" is in the eye of the beholder.

 

Who was the "great" pitcher last year then?

Who was the "great" pitcher last year then?

 

By 9th region standards Isler was a great pitcher IMO. He's a more complete pitcher than any pitcher in NKY this year.

 

Don't get hung up on stats.

 

However, let me be clear (and repeat myself): Smallwood is the best pitcher in NKY this year. I don't want you (or him) to think I don't appreciate his talent. Its there. I think he needs to add more to his repertoire.

By 9th region standards Isler was a great pitcher IMO. He's a more complete pitcher than any pitcher in NKY this year.

 

Don't get hung up on stats.

 

However, let me be clear (and repeat myself): Smallwood is the best pitcher in NKY this year. I don't want you (or him) to think I don't appreciate his talent. Its there. I think he needs to add more to his repertoire.

 

Like what? What did Ice do last year that was so much better than Smallwood?

Like what? What did Ice do last year that was so much better than Smallwood?

 

Pitch against some of the top 10 teams in the state and still go undefeated with a ridiculous ERA :confused: Dixie doesn't have near the strength of schedule Cov Cath and Isler faced last season. Not even debatable.

  • Author

I asked a very simple question, so how about answering it? Who has Smallwood beaten this year?

 

Last year Isler beat the following teams:

 

Highlands, NCC, Ryle, Dixie, Conner, LexChristian (Top 5 team in the State at the time) Cov Holy Cross, Boyd County, Beechwood (Ninth Region Champion) Ryle, Beechwood and NCC.

I vote we agree that Smallwood is the dominant pitcher in the 9th this year and not try to pick him apart comparing him to anyone else. It never goes well. Feelings get hurt.

 

We all have our opinions and , yes, they may be swayed by allegiances.

  • Author
I vote we agree that Smallwood is the dominant pitcher in the 9th this year and not try to pick him apart comparing him to anyone else. It never goes well. Feelings get hurt.

 

We all have our opinions and , yes, they may be swayed by allegiances.

 

I can agree with your above comment but I would still like to know who Smallwood has beaten this seasson!

I can agree with your above comment but I would still like to know who Smallwood has beaten this seasson!

 

Southern(Beat Trinitiy w/ Litrell on the mound), St. Henry, Lloyd, Villa, Beechwood, Beechwood, All Beloved Cov Cath, Cooper.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.