Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eloy Vargas

Featured Replies

Hearing from KSR he's in the mix now. Top three schools are Arizona, Seattle, and UK. Says he won't make a decision until he visits UK.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vargas has been "in the mix" for UK for a long time. It is nice that KSR ripped off an interview from Jerry Meyer to "break" the news though. As always, ground breaking work by KSR... :lol:

He's in bed with Sean Miller at Arizona not in a literal sense obviously. GT you are correct in that he's been on UKs radar for a while. Orlando Antigua might be the guy to close this kid on his visit with their similar ethnicities.

BTW, his name is Eloy not Elroy. Good pick up for the cats if it plays out that way. He is a quality post player.

Vargas has been "in the mix" for UK for a long time. It is nice that KSR ripped off an interview from Jerry Meyer to "break" the news though. As always, ground breaking work by KSR... :lol:

 

They did site Jerry Meyer in the first blog post about it. They didn't act as though they broke the story.

They did site Jerry Meyer in the first blog post about it. They didn't act as though they broke the story.

 

Good point. I just read that myself. I know GT doesn't like the guys over there and I respect GT's inside knowledge and his player evaluations, but I like KSR as a "one stop shop" for UK information AND humor. I have never assumed they are breaking any type of news. It's a sports blog...nothing too serious IMO.

I have never assumed they are breaking any type of news. It's a sports blog...nothing too serious IMO.

 

I actually used to enjoy KSR when they stuck with what they were good at, but once they moved to acting like they were something they are not it grew old. It is nice to see they actually credited their "source" on this one...

I actually used to enjoy KSR when they stuck with what they were good at, but once they moved to acting like they were something they are not it grew old. It is nice to see they actually credited their "source" on this one...

 

What kind of player is Vargas? Who would you compare him to?

What kind of player is Vargas? Who would you compare him to?

I didn't care for him at all when I scouted him a few years ago, but I haven't really seen him since so a lot could have changed. He's an athletic PF, but his motor was stuck on idle far too often for my taste...

Maybe his experience over the past year or so has given him the motivation that he needs to make it at the upper D1 level.

I didn't care for him at all when I scouted him a few years ago, but I haven't really seen him since so a lot could have changed. He's an athletic PF, but his motor was stuck on idle far too often for my taste...

 

Do you think that is what found him on the bench at UF or is there more to it..attitude, etc???

 

I don't remember ever seeing him play or hearing much about him in his recruitment. Of course that is when G was only recruiting 4 year olds.

Do you think that is what found him on the bench at UF or is there more to it..attitude, etc???

 

I'm sure that was a big part of it. I don't remember him having any attitude issues, but I didn't see him enough to say for sure...

I'm sure that was a big part of it. I don't remember him having any attitude issues, but I didn't see him enough to say for sure...

 

I watched him 3 or 4 times in high school playing with Kenny Boynton. He didn't play very hard, but I still thought at the time he played much harder than Greg Monroe and Scotty Hopson. Those guys were really lazy!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.