Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worldwide Wes

Featured Replies

Pearl and company put a whole lot of work into making Wes out to be a bad human being to Selby and his mom this time last year, and I know that played a part in how the encounter went when it happened...

 

So what is your take on WWW?

 

I'm assuming you've seen him around atleast once or twice at AAU events.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why?

 

Not everyone needs him in their life to succeed. Selby's mother has done a great job with Josh and from the sounds of it, doesn't need anyone like Wes in Selby's head.

 

All Wes does is impress these young athletes with his contacts and "friends." In the long run he's simply looking out for himself by attracting these kids to certain coaches and eventually agents and shoe deals with certain companies that will benefit him.

 

Who that has had contact with Wes has ever had anything to say about him? He's been around for years and no one associated with him has really fallen out of contact with him because he was only in it for himself, at least from what I've seen. Why make an enemy with someone, especially someone who has only helped the people he's associated with. If you don't want to be "buddy-buddy" with him that's fine, but I see no need to be like that toward him, with the stuff his mother said. :idunno:

Who that has had contact with Wes has ever had anything to say about him? He's been around for years and no one associated with him has really fallen out of contact with him because he was only in it for himself, at least from what I've seen. Why make an enemy with someone, especially someone who has only helped the people he's associated with. If you don't want to be "buddy-buddy" with him that's fine, but I see no need to be like that toward him, with the stuff his mother said. :idunno:

 

Of course no one is going to say anything bad about him and of course he's going to stay in contact with them.

 

Why?

 

It again falls back to "It's all about who you know."

 

Assume that Wes had nothing to with UK and Calipari...would you still feel the same way about Josh's response?

So what is your take on WWW?

 

I'm assuming you've seen him around atleast once or twice at AAU events.

 

He's the ultimate connector. I used to think he was the root of all evil in the college game, but after being around a lot of stuff first hand over the last few years I don't think about the guy twice unless it's brought up...

He's the ultimate connector. I used to think he was the root of all evil in the college game, but after being around a lot of stuff first hand over the last few years I don't think about the guy twice unless it's brought up...

 

I translate this to mean that there is ALOT of root of all evil in the college game out there.

Of course no one is going to say anything bad about him and of course he's going to stay in contact with them.

 

Why?

 

It again falls back to "It's all about who you know."

 

Assume that Wes had nothing to with UK and Calipari...would you still feel the same way about Josh's response?

 

Yes, I actually would have the same response. I understand that there are alot of shady things going on in the recruting circles, but I think that most guys who are taken under WWW's wing end up benefitting in the long run. If Wes makes a few bucks off of that, I don't see the problem in it. He gets people connected with alot of good things such as shoe deals, and let's be honest most people probably would rather be with Nike than anywhere else. It's where the moneys at for the most part IMO. If Wes gets John Wall a shoe deal or sends future players to a trusted agent, I don't see how that hurts the players. It may end up coming back to bite UK in the end, but the players are not individually at loss I don't think. I don't think DRose is suffering because of the stuff that went down at Memphis. But that's just how I feel about it, I know that with Wes everyone is going to have a different opinion and that's fine.:thumb:

Pearl and company put a whole lot of work into making Wes out to be a bad human being to Selby and his mom this time last year, and I know that played a part in how the encounter went when it happened...

 

 

The real funny thing was that when things first started to come out, Witherspoon acted like she didn't even know who in the world Wes was and constantly said she had never even heard of him before.

 

 

Then the quote from the article mentioned on this page says how she froze and was saying that's the infamous Wes.

 

So obviously it sounds like she at least had "heard" of him, regardless of what she denied in interviews following Selby's de-commitment from the Vols last year.

Why?

 

Not everyone needs him in their life to succeed. Selby's mother has done a great job with Josh and from the sounds of it, doesn't need anyone like Wes in Selby's head.

 

All Wes does is impress these young athletes with his contacts and "friends." In the long run he's simply looking out for himself by attracting these kids to certain coaches and eventually agents and shoe deals with certain companies that will benefit him.

 

Interesting post...all I read about is that "absolute power corrunpts"....and in basketball circles...he certainly has a lot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.