Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

96 Team Bracketology

Featured Replies

I found this on ESPN, it's Joe Lunardi's Bracketology for next year if the Tournament were to expand to 96 teams.

 

He has Kentucky as a 4 seed, playing the winner of-I never thought I'd hear this-the 13-20 matchup between St. Mary's and Cincinnati; and he has Louisville as a 12, playing 21-seeded Kent State, the winner would go on to play fifth-seeded Texas A&M.

 

Thoughts?

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/bracket?id=5071629

Stupid, this guys actually gets paid to do this too. :lol:

Kinda reminds me of the "Base-ketball" movie and their playoffs.... "beers win...beers win." :lol:

If we see this next season it will be interesting to see everyone's brackets.

I really hope they don't go to 96 teams...I am telling you the regular season means nothing anymore then.........

I really hope they don't go to 96 teams...I am telling you the regular season means nothing anymore then.........

 

The proposal I saw said that all regular season champions will be guaranteed a berth in the 96 team field. So that actually makes the regular season more meaningful. That is the one thing I saw that I liked about going to 96 teams.

The proposal I saw said that all regular season champions will be guaranteed a berth in the 96 team field. So that actually makes the regular season more meaningful. That is the one thing I saw that I liked about going to 96 teams.

 

Only for conferences that only get 1 bid currently.

 

I guess the Ivy League would have to step up and add a conference tourney?

The more I think about it and see the projections of what it could be like, the more I hate it.

The more I think about it and see the projections of what it could be like, the more I hate it.

 

Do you really want to see the traditional 1-16 and 2-15 blow outs in the first round though?

Do you really want to see the traditional 1-16 and 2-15 blow outs in the first round though?

 

What's the point of earning a #1 seed in this set up? I see a #1 getting upset, the tourney being a complete failure in most eyes, it ending up only being an experiment and possibly changed back within a year or two.

What's the point of earning a #1 seed in this set up? I see a #1 getting upset, the tourney being a complete failure in most eyes, it ending up only being an experiment and possibly changed back within a year or two.

 

It's not getting changed for a long time (see ever) once it happens. Too much money involved...

Do you really want to see the traditional 1-16 and 2-15 blow outs in the first round though?

 

Nobody seems to realize you'll still get the 1-16 games. The 16 just has to beat a 17 first.

Nobody seems to realize you'll still get the 1-16 games. The 16 just has to beat a 17 first.

That and the 16 will not be a bottom feeding scrub that won a low level conference...

That and the 16 will not be a bottom feeding scrub that won a low level conference...

 

True. It might be a bottom feeding scrub that only won the regular season in a crappy conference.

It's not getting changed for a long time (see ever) once it happens. Too much money involved...

 

Unfortunately, I'm sure you're probably right about the money...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.