Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Teams in 4A

Featured Replies

Holmes will have to prove themselves this season to me if they are going to be in the top year in and year out. How many consecutive winning seasons have the had. Nothing against them just don't think that they have proved themselves yet? IMO

 

Absolutely. They are relatively new to the 4A class and while they are good, they still have yet to prove themselves. I believe they could easily be a top 5 team in 4A. However, they will have to do the talking on the field which I'm sure they are capable of doing. :thumb:

speaking of 4a...What does Boyle have comming back and what will be their strengths?????I know they lost McShara and the QB..But that very impressive LB core is pretty much still intact right????

  • Author
speaking of 4a...What does Boyle have comming back and what will be their strengths?????I know they lost McShara and the QB..But that very impressive LB core is pretty much still intact right????

 

 

Yes, the linebackers will be back. I could be wrong but I believe we lost 6 on offense and 5 on defense.

 

We may not score as quickly or as much as we did last year but I still expect to average about 28 points a game on offense and I think our defense has a strong chance to be even better than last year's defense.

 

We will likely have a rb-by-committee and I would love to see Devin Cox get a lot of carries this year as he is likely our most explosive back. I think Devan Hale will have a great year and I think Zach Hester will emerge as one of the better all around players in our area.

 

This is the first post MacShara year but if I am not mistaken this group of juniors and seniors never lost a game the last 2 years playing jv. In fact, they normally blew out opposing teams so no one I have spoken with locally is expecting much fall off to a team that not only is the defending 4A State Champs but also a group of boys used to winning. The expectations remain the same.

Absolutely. They are relatively new to the 4A class and while they are good, they still have yet to prove themselves. I believe they could easily be a top 5 team in 4A. However, they will have to do the talking on the field which I'm sure they are capable of doing. :thumb:

 

:thumb:I think that we are on the same page.

Holmes will have to prove themselves this season to me if they are going to be in the top year in and year out. How many consecutive winning seasons have the had. Nothing against them just don't think that they have proved themselves yet? IMO

 

Absolutely. They are relatively new to the 4A class and while they are good, they still have yet to prove themselves. I believe they could easily be a top 5 team in 4A. However, they will have to do the talking on the field which I'm sure they are capable of doing. :thumb:

 

Holmes schedule and district had more to do with them not having a winning season over the past 6 seasons than anything.

 

When they were in 4A with Boone, Conner, Ryle, Dixie, Scott, Simon Kenton, and Campbell Co, they were essentially a small 3A school playing the largest 4A schools in the state.

 

When they were in 5A, their district consisted of Dixie, Highlands, Covcath, and Scott. Scott was a sure fire win but Dixie, Highlands, and Covcath would consistently be top 5 teams in 4A if they were down one class.

 

Now that Holmes is actually playing in their right classification and against schools the same size as them, you're seeing the success. When they were in 3A back in the late 90's, early 00's, they also had a lot of success against the same 4A teams of today.

 

They will consistently be a top 5-10 team in 4A year in and year out. They're going to be loaded for the next few years. Their junior to be and sophomore to be classes are both full of talent and athleticism.

Holmes schedule and district had more to do with them not having a winning season over the past 6 seasons than anything.

 

When they were in 4A with Boone, Conner, Ryle, Dixie, Scott, Simon Kenton, and Campbell Co, they were essentially a small 3A school playing the largest 4A schools in the state.

 

When they were in 5A, their district consisted of Dixie, Highlands, Covcath, and Scott. Scott was a sure fire win but Dixie, Highlands, and Covcath would consistently be top 5 teams in 4A if they were down one class.

 

Now that Holmes is actually playing in their right classification and against schools the same size as them, you're seeing the success. When they were in 3A back in the late 90's, early 00's, they also had a lot of success against the same 4A teams of today.

 

They will consistently be a top 5-10 team in 4A year in and year out. They're going to be loaded for the next few years. Their junior to be and sophomore to be classes are both full of talent and athleticism.

 

 

I still believe they would have a very hard time against the big three or big four of the 4A class. However, they will absolutely have some successful seasons ahead of them. I hope they continue to improve.

I still believe they would have a very hard time against the big three or big four of the 4A class. However, they will absolutely have some successful seasons ahead of them. I hope they continue to improve.

 

See Holmes back in the late 90's and early 00's with similar teams to what they have now.

 

Lexcath will be the first to tell you that you don't want to face them in the playoffs. Despite Lexcath being a traditional power, Holmes has always given them all they wanted...even in Lexington with "home field advantage."

 

Holmes can compete with ANYBODY in 4A. The only teams that I think would give them a lot of trouble would be Boyle and Bell County.

See Holmes back in the late 90's and early 00's with similar teams to what they have now.

 

Lexcath will be the first to tell you that you don't want to face them in the playoffs. Despite Lexcath being a traditional power, Holmes has always given them all they wanted...even in Lexington with "home field advantage."

 

Holmes can compete with ANYBODY in 4A. The only teams that I think would give them a lot of trouble would be Boyle and Bell County.[/QUOTE]

 

Absolutely. But how do you feel about Lone Oak compared to Holmes? Lone Oak has proven to be a fierce opponent no matter what team that play. That's why I said they would tend to struggle against the big three or big four. Boyle County, Bell County and of course Lone Oak. In the past Lexington Catholic is always a contender but we don't know how good they will be this season so we'll just stick with the big three. But I'm not in any way saying that Holmes cannot compete. I just feel that they would struggle.

Holmes is not in the mix IMHO, they can compete with anyone....but competing is not always winning.

Holmes is not in the mix IMHO, they can compete with anyone....but competing is not always winning.

 

Absolutely. :thumb:

Holmes is not in the mix IMHO, they can compete with anyone....but competing is not always winning.

 

Well said

They can compete with anyone....but competing is not always winning.

 

We got ourselves a modern sports philosopher here. :thumb:

Really though well said.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.