Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Favorites

Featured Replies

I know, I know. The season isn't over. And likewise, we still need to wait to see who goes and who leaves. But with simple assumptions, we can make some accurate guesses.

 

Entering this season, Kansas was the favorite because of their experience and talent. However, they lose Collins and likely Aldrich and Henry.

 

Duke will lose Scheyer, Zoubek, and could lose Singler and Smith as well.

 

West Virginia loses Butler and Mazulla (unless he uses a medical redshirt).

 

Kentucky will likely lose Wall, Cousins, and Patterson.

 

For Kentucky, Miller, Liggins, Dodson, Bledsoe, and Orton are a year older and more experienced. With the addition of Poole, Kanter, and Knight, they have a legit possibility of making another run at a Final Four, though not likely the true favorite.

 

Ohio State, even without Turner, will likely be good with the recruits they also have coming in.

 

I think next year will be an even more "even" year and we won't have a true team that is heads and shoulders above the rest.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kentucky loses Orton and Bledsoe as well, and I'll be surprised if any of the Duke players leave early. I think Duke will be a consensus #1 next year.

  • Author
I think Kentucky loses Orton and Bledsoe as well, and I'll be surprised if any of the Duke players leave early. I think Duke will be a consensus #1 next year.

 

Could very well be possible, but Scheyer and Zoubek are seniors, correct?

Could very well be possible, but Scheyer and Zoubek are seniors, correct?

 

Yes they are.

 

Butler has 2 seniors. I would imagine they will have a nice preseason ranking. If Bledsoe and Orton return, UK will be fine. UNC will be back in the picture.

  • Author
Yes they are.

 

Butler has 2 seniors. I would imagine they will have a nice preseason ranking. If Bledsoe and Orton return, UK will be fine. UNC will be back in the picture.

 

If Bledsoe and Orton return and Knight commits, you would have to think Kentucky is preseason top 6 or 7. Kentucky will probably be much more dribble-drive next year since we won't necessarily have the plethora of big men we had this year.

If Bledsoe and Orton return and Knight commits, you would have to think Kentucky is preseason top 6 or 7. Kentucky will probably be much more dribble-drive next year since we won't necessarily have the plethora of big men we had this year.

 

I agree, the depth of bigs won't be the same but Orton and Kanter should be a solid start.

I think Orton and Bledsoe come back but Duke will be tough don't they have Curry's little brother playing next year?

Duke will be right up there as a favorite. I don't believe either Singler or Smith leave. IMHO I believe Duke will be better next year without Zoubek and Thomas down low with the Plumlees and our new guy coming in, name escaping me right now 4*.

 

With Irving and Seth Curry coming in to offset the loss of Scheyer I feel very good about this upcoming year. But until then, let's win this one Duke!!!

Yes they are.

 

Butler has 2 seniors. I would imagine they will have a nice preseason ranking. If Bledsoe and Orton return, UK will be fine. UNC will be back in the picture.

 

I hope so...

Baylor has to be up with only losing Carter and Lomers. They return all that athleticism while bringing a 6'11 5 star wing in Perry Jones.

Duke will be right up there as a favorite. I don't believe either Singler or Smith leave. IMHO I believe Duke will be better next year without Zoubek and Thomas down low with the Plumlees and our new guy coming in, name escaping me right now 4*.

 

With Irving and Seth Curry coming in to offset the loss of Scheyer I feel very good about this upcoming year. But until then, let's win this one Duke!!!

 

Josh Hairston is his name.

Josh Hairston is his name.

 

 

Sounds to close to Josh Harrellson to make an impact. :lol:

Sounds to close to Josh Harrellson to make an impact. :lol:

 

Check out a pic of the dude or a highlight video, apples and oranges. :lol: No slight on Mr. Harrellson though, he's a funny guy.

Josh Hairston is his name.

 

I don't think Hairston will be ready to produce much in year 1. He's quite a bit like Thomas coming out of high school...

I don't think Hairston will be ready to produce much in year 1. He's quite a bit like Thomas coming out of high school...

 

Don't tell me that... :lol: :ohbrother:

 

Anybody but Thomas. I love him to death and I'm thrilled for him that he got to the Final Four but he agitates me more than any other player on a Duke team I can remember in a long time. He gets blocked more than ANY player I've ever seen.

 

He gives it his all though and hustles on every play, which is why I let it slide.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.