Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Favorites

Featured Replies

Don't tell me that... :lol: :ohbrother:

 

Anybody but Thomas. I love him to death and I'm thrilled for him that he got to the Final Four but he agitates me more than any other player on a Duke team I can remember in a long time. He gets blocked more than ANY player I've ever seen.

 

He gives it his all though and hustles on every play, which is why I let it slide.:thumb:

 

I am on par with everything you just said:lol:.

 

I really was looking more foward to next season than this season. IF Singler and Smith stay, look for the Dukies to be back in the same place as this year. I also wouldnt mind seeing Dawkins get some more PT.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baylor has to be up with only losing Carter and Lomers. They return all that athleticism while bringing a 6'11 5 star wing in Perry Jones.

 

You beat me to it. :thumb: Probably not the preseason favorite but they look like they could be a contender next year.

Dawkins will no doubt get a lot more clock IMO. What happened with his sister really slowed his progress for obvious reasons. As I said when he enrolled early, I LOVE the kids game...

Dawkins will no doubt get a lot more clock IMO. What happened with his sister really slowed his progress for obvious reasons. As I said when he enrolled early, I LOVE the kids game...

 

I think he'll end up being my favorite player next year... Know anything about Seth GT? All I've heard is he is possibly the best player in practice this year but I don't want to get too excited. I would like to see us go back to Singler at the 4 next year with 3 guards and the two Plumlee's rotating at the C position. Can't go against what's worked this year though, but we will have a plethora of GOOD guards.

I really like Ohio State next year. The Buckeyes will be absolutely loaded whether Turner decides to leave or not..

 

Lighty, Diebler, Lauderdale, and Buford will all be back and will welcome one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in with Thomas, Sullinger, Sibert, and Co. If Turner decides to stay, this team is a final 4 lock, IMO.

I really like Ohio State next year. The Buckeyes will be absolutely loaded whether Turner decides to leave or not..

 

Lighty, Diebler, Lauderdale, and Buford will all be back and will welcome one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in with Thomas, Sullinger, Sibert, and Co. If Turner decides to stay, this team is a final 4 lock, IMO.

 

Turner isn't staying so throw that out the window.

 

Sullinger is a BEAST and I can't wait to watch him play, but Thomas is the wild card. Kid has a ton of talent, but loves to take crazy shots out of the rhythm of the game. If Matta can keep in under control OSU will be very good. If not he will shot them out of more games than he shoots them in...

I'd go with: North Carolina, Ohio State, Baylor, Kansas, and Duke. Memphis will be decent as well IMO. They will be bringing Eliot Williams, Roburt Sallie, and Wesley Witherspoon back, and will be bringing in a great recruiting class-4 ESPN Top 100 players, and 2 McDonald's All Americans.

I think he'll end up being my favorite player next year... Know anything about Seth GT? All I've heard is he is possibly the best player in practice this year but I don't want to get too excited. I would like to see us go back to Singler at the 4 next year with 3 guards and the two Plumlee's rotating at the C position. Can't go against what's worked this year though, but we will have a plethora of GOOD guards.

 

I'm really interested in seeing how Seth lives up to the hype of his brother at a big time program. With Smith, Singler, Dawkins, Irving and Curry Duke could have a lot of big time scorers to run at opponents. Should be a fun season in Dookie land if Smith and Singler return...

  • Author
I'd go with: North Carolina, Ohio State, Baylor, Kansas, and Duke. Memphis will be decent as well IMO. They will be bringing Eliot Williams, Roburt Sallie, and Wesley Witherspoon back, and will be bringing in a great recruiting class-4 ESPN Top 100 players, and 2 McDonald's All Americans.

 

Curious what you like about Kansas...

  • Author
What about Texas...where do they fit in? Or do they fit in?

 

They will get to #1, and then fall apart.

 

No, seriously, I don't see them as a top 10 team.

Turner isn't staying so throw that out the window.

 

Sullinger is a BEAST and I can't wait to watch him play, but Thomas is the wild card. Kid has a ton of talent, but loves to take crazy shots out of the rhythm of the game. If Matta can keep in under control OSU will be very good. If not he will shot them out of more games than he shoots them in...

 

Very true...but you'd think that with the experience OSU returns, they should be able to weather that. But then again, Thomas has the talent to be one and done so you never know whether he'll be out for himself or the team. I guess we'll wait and see.

 

I saw Sullinger play over the summer with AOR and on tv and you couldn't be more right. He is one of the most fundamentally sound big men I've ever seen at his age. Very solid in every aspect of the game.

 

Where do you see Sibert fitting in? Any chance he receives a big role as a freshman?

Where do you see Sibert fitting in? Any chance he receives a big role as a freshman?

 

He'll get a chance to earn some run in the OOC schedule, but he isn't as good as Buford coming in and it could take a year or two to make a big impact. He'll have a few nights here and there where he plays well, but unless he can move to the point it will be a good but not great first season...

What about Texas...where do they fit in? Or do they fit in?

 

They will get to #1, and then fall apart.

 

No, seriously, I don't see them as a top 10 team.

 

Texas will be better than you think.

 

They return Avery Bradley, J'Covan Brown, Jordan Hamilton, and Jai Lucas.

 

Their recruiting class is highlighted by 5* Tristan Thompson.

 

Now I'm not saying Texas will be world beaters, but they'll have a pretty solid team next year. If role players Gary Johnson and Varez Ward can step their game up, Texas could be tough.

He'll get a chance to earn some run in the OOC schedule, but he isn't as good as Buford coming in and it could take a year or two to make a big impact. He'll have a few nights here and there where he plays well, but unless he can move to the point it will be a good but not great first season...

 

Didn't Sibert play some point this year for Princeton? I'd say his defense also needs to improve if he wants to be a contributor at the next level his freshman year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.