Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

That week SEC Conference didn't !!!!

Featured Replies

Lets face it, Big East has had a tough time in the Big Dance. Whether that is because they beat on each other all season long. I agree with a lot of people who are saying that the Big East was overrated as far as seeding goes in the NCAA Tournament though. From top to bottom that was the toughest conference.

 

Tennessee as a number 6 seed was definitely underseeded in this tournament. They had been in the top 15 all season long. They played in the toughest bracket (the bottom of the Midwest bracket was loaded and ripe for upsets).

 

I do think the SEC probably did deserve one more team in. While many would make their case for MSU, I think Ole Miss was the team that got cheated. They played to tough schedule and IMO should have made the tourney as a 10 seed over Florida.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a huge UK fan and I like to raise the SEC banner in football (since UK can not get to the big shows), but the SEC overall was a weak confrence. They had 1 elite team (UK) and some talented teams (UT, Vandy, Flordia, Miss. St.) but most under-performed all year. UT has made a great run so far, but they have been helped along by some better teams getting bounced. Just because 2 SEC teams are in the Elight 8 I don't think that makes the SEC better than the Big East or Big 12.

Lets face it, Big East has had a tough time in the Big Dance. Whether that is because they beat on each other all season long. I agree with a lot of people who are saying that the Big East was overrated as far as seeding goes in the NCAA Tournament though. From top to bottom that was the toughest conference.

 

Tennessee as a number 6 seed was definitely underseeded in this tournament. They had been in the top 15 all season long. They played in the toughest bracket (the bottom of the Midwest bracket was loaded and ripe for upsets).

 

I do think the SEC probably did deserve one more team in. While many would make their case for MSU, I think Ole Miss was the team that got cheated. They played to tough schedule and IMO should have made the tourney as a 10 seed over Florida.

 

I agree with Ole Miss and Mississippi State both in and Florida not making it this year.

I am a huge UK fan and I like to raise the SEC banner in football (since UK can not get to the big shows), but the SEC overall was a weak confrence. They had 1 elite team (UK) and some talented teams (UT, Vandy, Flordia, Miss. St.) but most under-performed all year. UT has made a great run so far, but they have been helped along by some better teams getting bounced. Just because 2 SEC teams are in the Elight 8 I don't think that makes the SEC better than the Big East or Big 12.

 

:thumb:

What week didn't they do it?

  • Author
I am a huge UK fan and I like to raise the SEC banner in football (since UK can not get to the big shows), but the SEC overall was a weak confrence. They had 1 elite team (UK) and some talented teams (UT, Vandy, Flordia, Miss. St.) but most under-performed all year. UT has made a great run so far, but they have been helped along by some better teams getting bounced. Just because 2 SEC teams are in the Elight 8 I don't think that makes the SEC better than the Big East or Big 12.

 

I never said it was a better conference just trying to get them their respect that I feel they are do . I still don't believe that the Big East was as good as advertised from bottom to top(other than WVU were are their elite teams ); home watching the rest of the tourney with our underachieving SEC.:thumb:

  • Author
What week didn't they do it?

 

This Week :lol:;Ok you got me WEAK:thumb:.

It's been a good run for two teams but the #2 team lost to an OVC team in the first round and the #4 team also lost in the first round.

 

It's been a good run by UK and TN but I don't think it defines the whole conference.

It's been a good run for two teams but the #2 team lost to an OVC team in the first round and the #4 team also lost in the first round.

 

It's been a good run by UK and TN but I don't think it defines the whole conference.

 

:thumb:

 

The Big 12, Big East and Big 10 were better this year.

 

SEC can make a solid case for better than the ACC though.

  • Author
It's been a good run for two teams but the #2 team lost to an OVC team in the first round and the #4 team also lost in the first round.

 

It's been a good run by UK and TN but I don't think it defines the whole conference.

 

So all the Big East losses doesn't define there weakness outside the conference .Lets see Nova losses to St. Mary's,Notre Dame to Old Dominion ,Louisville to Cal ,G'town to Ohio and MarQuette to Washington these losses doesn't look to strong on a resume . I am giving the Big East The Cuse loss to Butler (still a let down ) and the Pitt loss to Xavier only quality loss to this point in the tourney for the Big East . Don't look like nothing to brag about in the tourney. Big East hopes hinging on WVU, Sec still has 2 teams . Like I said Big East is a strong conference ,I understand its a bad showing in tourney just give the SEC their do-respect .

 

Hpoefully after tonight Cats are :walk:ing to INDY:thumb::thumb:.

I never said it was a better conference just trying to get them their respect that I feel they are do . I still don't believe that the Big East was as good as advertised from bottom to top(other than WVU were are their elite teams ); home watching the rest of the tourney with our underachieving SEC.:thumb:

 

Then by your logic Kansas was weak (or week in your case). Just because someone gets bounced in a 1 and done tournament does not make them less of a team nor does that team getting beat take away from the confrence they play in. The Big East had the most quality teams in the confrence this year. They may not have had an elite team, espically considering Cuse lost a starter, but they were the overall strongest confrence as a whole. I would bet that if you took the top 10 Big East Teams and played against the top 10 SEC teams in a best of 7 series the Big East would take 7 or 8 of the matchups. (Not in tournament format just SEC #1 vs BE #1 best of 7; etc.) Not saying the SEC would not win some, but as a whole they would lose.

So all the Big East losses doesn't define there weakness outside the conference .Lets see Nova losses to St. Mary's,Notre Dame to Old Dominion ,Louisville to Cal ,G'town to Ohio and MarQuette to Washington these losses doesn't look to strong on a resume . I am giving the Big East The Cuse loss to Butler (still a let down ) and the Pitt loss to Xavier only quality loss to this point in the tourney for the Big East . Don't look like nothing to brag about in the tourney. Big East hopes hinging on WVU, Sec still has 2 teams . Like I said Big East is a strong conference ,I understand its a bad showing in tourney just give the SEC their do-respect .

 

Hpoefully after tonight Cats are :walk:ing to INDY:thumb::thumb:.

I never compared conferences. I just don't think both UK and TN advancing to the Elite 8 deserves a chest thumping thread with exclamation points when the #2 team in the conference lost to an OVC school in the first round. If both KY and TN lose this weekend, then what? It means there is a Big East team in the Final Four. Then what? Where does the argument go from there?
So all the Big East losses doesn't define there weakness outside the conference .Lets see Nova losses to St. Mary's,Notre Dame to Old Dominion ,Louisville to Cal ,G'town to Ohio and MarQuette to Washington these losses doesn't look to strong on a resume . I am giving the Big East The Cuse loss to Butler (still a let down ) and the Pitt loss to Xavier only quality loss to this point in the tourney for the Big East . Don't look like nothing to brag about in the tourney. Big East hopes hinging on WVU, Sec still has 2 teams . Like I said Big East is a strong conference ,I understand its a bad showing in tourney just give the SEC their do-respect .

 

.

 

I think the Big East was the best conference all year and still do.

 

But look at some of the teams they lost to:

#1 Syracuse to #5 Butler (mid-major)

#2 Villanova to # 10 St. Mary (mid-Major)

#3 Georgetown to #14 Ohio (#8 or #9 seed in conference)

#3 Pittsburgh to #6 Xavier (mid-major)

#6 Notre Dame to #11 ODU (Mid-Major)

#6 Marquette to #11 Washington (tournament winner of weak pac 10)

#9 Louisville to #8 Cal (regular season winner of weak Pac 10)

 

 

Only team to lose to a better seed was Louisville and it was a pick em game.

 

Tough year for the Big East tournament wise.

I am a huge UK fan and I like to raise the SEC banner in football (since UK can not get to the big shows), but the SEC overall was a weak confrence. They had 1 elite team (UK) and some talented teams (UT, Vandy, Flordia, Miss. St.) but most under-performed all year. UT has made a great run so far, but they have been helped along by some better teams getting bounced. Just because 2 SEC teams are in the Elight 8 I don't think that makes the SEC better than the Big East or Big 12.

 

Yeah it is a good thing that UT didn't have to play the number 2 seed Ohio St to get to the elite 8. ????

 

I'm no UT fan but they have earned their spot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.