That week SEC Conference didn't !!!!

Wildcat Dad

Yes, because Richmond and Temple's first round opponents, St. Mary's and Cornell, were both just absolutely rotten and didn't do anything in their own right. :rolleyes:

Using the NCAA tournament to measure conference strength is an absurd exercise. This time of year it's all about matchups and yes, when the team who finishes sixth in a conference meets a team that won theirs, it's not unlikely that the conference winner -- even if it's a smaller conference -- is better.

Then why play the tournament? Everyone is measured by how they play in the tourney. They may have been the best confrence during the regular season but they in no way have been the best confrence come tourney time and I dont think the SEC has either, you need more than 2 teams to win an opening round game to try and make that claim.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is a good thing that UT didn't have to play the number 2 seed Ohio St to get to the elite 8. ????

I'm no UT fan but they have earned their spot.

They earned their spot but if anyone thinks they did not benefit from Ohio knocking off Georgetown they are kidding themselves. UT has had one of the easier roads to the Elite 8 of any team left playing IMO.

They earned their spot but if anyone thinks they did not benefit from Ohio knocking off Georgetown they are kidding themselves. UT has had one of the easier roads to the Elite 8 of any team left playing IMO.

Except for UK, which has had the easiest.

Doesn't take a way the fact they've had an easy road though.

Your correct, but the brackets where set up that way. All they have in their way now to Indy is the Big East Tourney Champion. No easy task. How does WV stack up against Tenn, Baylor, or K State other bottom seeded teams. IMO WV is not the easiest.

I never compared conferences. I just don't think both UK and TN advancing to the Elite 8 deserves a chest thumping thread with exclamation points when the #2 team in the conference lost to an OVC school in the first round. If both KY and TN lose this weekend, then what? It means there is a Big East team in the Final Four. Then what? Where does the argument go from there?

It is my opinion , I am sorry by me thinking the Big East is overrated is pushing some buttons . The Big East would have been chest thumping if they had gotten 2 teams in the Elite 8,or should I say others have chest thumped for them . But again it is my opinion and we all have our own, Big East is a quality conference but not head and shoulders above all others .

Then why play the tournament? Everyone is measured by how they play in the tourney.

We play it because it's fun. And because it helps the ADs make money.

Every TEAM is judged by how they play in the tournament but I really and truly believe that one game won or lost on a random day in March has ZERO bearing on how good they might have been across a season. But there are simply too many teams to play in some sort of a table format that would actually determine a season-long champion in that respect.