Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Evan Turner

Featured Replies

GREAT no call by the officials. I thought he called fouled in real time but Prince didn't touch him. He fell all on his own.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He walked straight to the locker room when his teammates were lining up to shake hands. I saw that live on CBS last night. There is no media conspracy here. He got stuffed and walked off the floor without shaking hands. Who is trying to make something of nothing here?

GREAT no call by the officials. I thought he called fouled in real time but Prince didn't touch him. He fell all on his own.

I agree. It was the right call

...

 

Odd that there are no ref's in any of those pictures. I'd say its 50/50 he's looking at one of his own players.

He walked straight to the locker room when his teammates were lining up to shake hands. I saw that live on CBS last night. There is no media conspracy here. He got stuffed and walked off the floor without shaking hands. Who is trying to make something of nothing here?

 

:thumb:

 

It happened live right after the game ended.

A lot of times these guys see each other long after the game is over. Just because he didn't shake hands for the cameras immediately after the game doesn't mean he never shook hands or congratulated the winning team. It's funny to me the standards people have for a player whose season just ended. Whether he shakes hands immediately after the game or not does not change any views I have of him. I watched multiple kids in high school not shake hands at Rupp Arena last week. Losing really bothers some people and they need to be left alone immediately after a loss. I completely relate to it.

 

I think the real question is....if Evan Turner wasn't a guy who threatens John Wall's Naismith Award would there even be a thread about him?

A lot of times these guys see each other long after the game is over. Just because he didn't shake hands for the cameras immediately after the game doesn't mean he never shook hands or congratulated the winning team. It's funny to me the standards people have for a player whose season just ended. Whether he shakes hands immediately after the game or not does not change any views I have of him. I watched multiple kids In high school not shake hands at Rupp Arena last week. Losing really bothers some people and they need to be left alone immediately after a loss. I completely relate to it.

 

I think the real question is....if Evan Turner wasn't a guy who threatens John Wall's Naismith Award would there even be a thread about him?

Doubtful
A lot of times these guys see each other long after the game is over. Just because he didn't shake hands for the cameras immediately after the game doesn't mean he never shook hands or congratulated the winning team. It's funny to me the standards people have for a player whose season just ended. Whether he shakes hands immediately after the game or not does not change any views I have of him. I watched multiple kids in high school not shake hands at Rupp Arena last week. Losing really bothers some people and they need to be left alone immediately after a loss. I completely relate to it.

 

I think the real question is....if Evan Turner wasn't a guy who threatens John Wall's Naismith Award would there even be a thread about him?

 

There is a thread every time poor sportsmanship like this is shown. Remember Peyton Manning at the Super Bowl. Pretty weak comment by yourself right there.

There is a thread every time poor sportsmanship like this is shown. Remember Peyton Manning at the Super Bowl. Pretty weak comment by yourself right there.

 

There sure wasn't a thread started about the benchwarmer from Miss State that refused to shake Cousins hand and cussed him after the first game and there wasn't a thread started about the multiple kids from two teams that lost last week at Rupp. Pretty hypocritical comment on your part.

There sure wasn't a thread started about the benchwarmer from Miss State that refused to shake Cousins hand and cussed him after the first game and there wasn't a thread started about the multiple kids from two teams that lost last week at Rupp. Pretty hypocritical comment on your part.

 

Yea you are right... comparing Evan Turner with benchwarmers... pretty much the same thing. If you are going to be the best player in the country and do this, it will be news. Trust me if John Wall does this, it will be.

Yea you are right... comparing Evan Turner with benchwarmers... pretty much the same thing. If you are going to be the best player in the country and do this, it will be news. Trust me if John Wall does this, it will be.

 

The way people cry about who shakes hands for the camera it shouldn't matter if it's a benchwarmer or not. Sportsmanship is sportsmanship right? Again, just because he didn't shake hands for all of the world to see does not mean he didn't congratulate them at some point. Like I also said, So many people don't shake hands for the world to see and if LeBron, Peyton and Evan Turner are a little too disgusted to shake hands after a heartbreaking loss I am not nor can I ever hold it aganst them.

The way people cry about who shakes hands for the camera it shouldn't matter if it's a benchwarmer or not. Sportsmanship is sportsmanship right? Again, just because he didn't shake hands for all of the world to see does not mean he didn't congratulate them at some point. Like I also said, So many people don't shake hands for the world to see and if LeBron, Peyton and Evan Turner are a little too disgusted to shake hands after a heartbreaking loss I am not nor can I ever hold it aganst them.

 

People who are more popular or always in the spotlight make news, is that hard to grasp?

I'm not a fan of the obnoxious arrogance that is Evan Turner. However, I think that perhaps it is a bit harsh to judge a kid at the emotional end of a sports season for not shaking hands.

People who are more popular or always in the spotlight make news, is that hard to grasp?

 

The whole Kansas State team except for Kelley and the coaches left the court without shaking hands. Start a thread on that. I would think a team making the Elite 8 is newsworthy enough.

  • Author
It's just you.

 

Really? And you posted this after someone agreed with me. Interesting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.