Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

University of Memphis may sue Calipari

Featured Replies

As I have said before, I have yet to understand the significance of removing victories and pulling down banners.

 

Despite being stripped of the wins, illegal activity or not, Memphis cannot put a monetary value on what Calipari delivered to that University. Only thing I know, it is worth a heck of a lot more than $360,000.

If Memphis wants to get over this and quit being drug through the mud, just go on about your business and pretend nothing happened. Heck, it is what the record books show. Quit filing suits, putting things on the table, etc.

 

Thought I read that they would lose $600,000+ from tournament revenue if the wins were stripped. This is probably a way to try and recoup at least a portion of that money. :idunno:

I don't feel like the fans or administration of Memphis will ever get over losing Calipari to the University of Kentucky. And I can say that because I have lived down there since June and hear it almost on a weekly basis...talk radio is awful about it.

 

They simply need to realize that they will never be more than a stepping stone for a bigger conference for numerous coaches to come. They need to quit worrying about Coach Cal and worry about how to keep Pastner after next year.

I don't feel like the fans or administration of Memphis will ever get over losing Calipari to the University of Kentucky. And I can say that because I have lived down there since June and hear it almost on a weekly basis...talk radio is awful about it.

 

They simply need to realize that they will never be more than a stepping stone for a bigger conference for numerous coaches to come. They need to quit worrying about Coach Cal and worry about how to keep Pastner after next year.

 

Alot of programs seem to struggle with this, whether it's football or basketball.

They simply need to realize that they will never be more than a stepping stone for a bigger conference for numerous coaches to come.

 

In their heart-of-hearts, they already know this. That's why they were absolutely desperate for invitation to the Big East a couple of years ago. They had to know that eventually one of the big names would come calling for Calipari and the stature of the school would be what would drag him away. An invite to the Big East would have cemented their status as big time, therefore helping to maintain the bell cow that was John Calipari.

 

But until they can get out of a mid-major conference, they will continually be considered a mid-major, stepping stone job...now matter how bad it hurts them to hear it.

Maybe UK will give a raise......

 

Championship run and I bet it all just goes away....:walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.